Team Akaringular (EBWiki)
- Starts On
- July 01, 2018
- Finishes On
- September 30, 2018
- Last Activity
- July 13, 2018
July 13, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki) — at July 13, 2018 20:27 UTC
Today we focused on testing and refactoring. We refactored model tests using gem shoulder matchers. Its syntax is cleaner and shorter.
- We also finalized on blog and a created pull request on it.
- Worked on case redirects when title is updated.
- Write redirect tests
July 12, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki) — at July 12, 2018 20:37 UTC
- There are different ways of refactoring, so today we learnt that to refactor view we use helper or partials, to refactor model we use concerns or services
- Updated gem for charts
- Had a call with Paul Ogudah our coach who has helped us step by step solve pending issues
- He has helped us understand how migrations work and how to handle migration issues
- Handle two migration pending issues
- Read more on services
- add contents on how to use EBWiki
July 11, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki) — at July 11, 2018 21:47 UTC
- Today we continued upgrading gems and and locking them to their latest versions.
- Solved bug on polymorphic associations
- Cloned the RGSoc App in our machines
- Finalized on the blog
- Scheduled call with our mentor to go through roll bar.
- Style the blog to look better on Mark Down
July 10, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki) — at July 10, 2018 19:54 UTC
- Today we worked on updating a couple of gems.
- We also added some gems that were required in the system and their dependencies, in the process we got to understand the importance of sum of the gems used.
- We also updated error messages on the system,
- Updated requested changes on the previous commits
- And finally merged our ideas on the blog together to make a final copy
July 09, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki) — at July 9, 2018 20:08 UTC
We had a call with our supervisor Ramon.
- We went through active record associations and how to display them on the forms using
- Using the knowledge above we were able to solve a bug in the code base.
- Worked on upgrading gem bullet.
- Debug errors on two pull requests
- Update error message for states in agency model
- Organize a call with our mentor, coaches and supervisor
July 06, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki) — at July 6, 2018 19:04 UTC
We started the day by going through tutorials on how links are implemented as referenced to us by our mentor, that would help us solve issue on adding functionality on suggested tittle, also went through migration tutorials. We played around with code to get a better understanding of what we were reading.
-We opened a PR on combining links - this gave us a challenge on cascading style sheet.
-Completed another PR on migration
-Solved conflicting files
-Read on CSS
-Solve pending PR
July 05, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki) — at July 5, 2018 17:28 UTC
Today we went through a couple of tutorials on RSpec Testing. We got to understand more on TDD and how to use RSpec. We used the knowledge gained to write tests on some of the pull requests we had opened that did not have tests. We have closed the day all green. Hurrrayy!!
- We also brain stormed on possible solutions on how to best implement Links in the cases controller.
- We did a PR on updating the j-query gem.
- In the evening we went through Ruby Koans to deepen our knowledge on Ruby.
July 04, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki) — at July 4, 2018 17:55 UTC
The day started of with a PostgreSQL error in one of machines. We spent the morning hours trying to figure out how to make it. We graduated from one error to error but finally we made it work...yeeey!!! In the process we learnt several authentication methods and where each is applicable such as:
We also worked on three issues:
- Fixed collections in drop down list
- set official css colors in the main file
- Refactored cases controller
- Sorted some merge conflicts caused by previous merge requests
Fix rubocop logs on app/controller/cases_controller.rb
July 03, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki) — at July 3, 2018 19:10 UTC
It was a hands on day. We opened four pull requests
- Created fixtures for categories
- Refactored code
- Added some migrations
- Fix pr on data for jurisdiction values to jurisdiction type enum
- Write tests for the above pr.
Team Akaringular (EBWiki) — at July 3, 2018 10:05 UTC
Team Akaringuala : June 2, 2018
- Kick-off Videocall for RGSoC !
- Had a catch up with our supervisor
- Did a refresher tutorial in RSpec
- Started working on the introduction blog post
Reinstalled and set up the working environment on her machine