DV Team (LivingStyleGuide)
- Starts On
- July 01, 2018
- Finishes On
- September 30, 2018
- Last Activity
- July 15, 2018
July 15, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 15, 2018 15:46 UTC
-Met up with coach Cristina for a peer lab session at ImaginCafe
-Worked on understanding MVC better,
-Been learning about modular programming
-Learned the basics of React
-Organized TO DOs for the week and sent useful links to teammate
Finished her 20hs during the week
July 14, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 14, 2018 10:26 UTC
-Exercising regex https://regexr.com
-Finished her 20hs during the week
July 13, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 13, 2018 06:06 UTC
1) Trying to re write classes test in order to understand it better
2) Summarising the book "Pragmatic Programmer"
3) Sending Diana material for the blog post
I'm not meeting today with coach and teammate as they are going to work together to catch up. I will be working on my own to deeply understand testing and continue working together from Tuesday! Pair programming would be super nice.
1) Discuss questions about Git, Version Control with coach Cristina.
2) Create summary of Git, Version Control.
2) Learn Testing.
3) Create Article1 for Medium (draft).
Meeting with Cristina (mentor): discuss about Git, Version Control steps based on created summary and Readme file for project. If time start with discuss testing.
TODO next week:
- Write Medium article about Git, Version Control (first 2 weeks- lessons learned)
- Learn Testing
- Work on Issue 1.
- Work on Issue 2.
- Read articles suggested by Lucas (supervisor)
July 12, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 12, 2018 06:48 UTC
1) Create summary of meeting with Christina
2) Learn Version Control
3) Write README for Living Style Guide.
4) Work on Issue 1,2, 3.
5) Write article on learning Git, Version Control & Mark Down for Medium.
1) I am mainly trying to understand how to run the codes and the tests. I finished the tutorials and now trying to debug the test so I can wrap up the code for the plugins that Nico sent us as homework.
2) Reading 'Pragmatic Programmer' to understand better how to work in an organized and efficient way. I feel like I am lacking some real world context and workflow experience, so I'm complementing my experience in RGSoC with some bibliography (Clean Code is next!)
We had a very productive meeting with Lucas (Supervisor). He recommended us some interesting reads and gave us great tips to be more efficient.
We also had a post meeting to check out together some tasks we were working on, chat about our first week and try to organize our work better so we can be on the same page.
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 12, 2018 03:55 UTC
1) Been working all day on tutorials about unit testing. Learning about Mocha and Chai, testing frameworks our project uses.
2) Tried to fix git problem with couch Cristina
1) Practicing Git all day.
2) Finished setup Github.
Forgot to update daily log
July 10, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 10, 2018 14:16 UTC
1) Re-read student guidelines
2) Submitted blogpost
3) Learned more about github
4) Meeting with Cristina
1) Read RgSoc Student Guidelines
2) Setup Live Server on Visual Code Editor and practice with it. Read article about Live server on Browser side.
3) Create short summary of Common Mark, uploaded on https://github.com/dianavile/RgSocDVTeam/
4) Read regular-expressions.md made by Violeta
18.30PM: MEETING DVTEAM with Mentor Christina in Barcelona.
Discuss learnings and cooperation DVTeam.
Due to Personal Issues Diana has not been available during the weekend and on Monday.
Today, our team will meet again to get back on Track.
Thanks for the great work done by Violeta the last few days.
She has been an amazing teammate so far. Hope will be able to say the same about me soon. For I did have a false start at the end of this week.
- Finish setup Github
- Practice Version Control.
- Work on Issue 1.
- Work on Issue 2.
-Create Article calendar for Medium
- Create first Medium article as DV Team= IDEA: Setup: (How to work with Git, GitBranching, Verion Control and Live Server).
July 09, 2018
July 08, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 8, 2018 11:53 UTC
1) Finished editing Medium article
2) Worked on the issue #2
3) Used github to clone repo and push changes
4) Went through the testing code
July 07, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 7, 2018 23:03 UTC
1) Researched and added testing frameworks to README.md
2) Learned how dependencies work and added them in the README.md after researching
3) Wrote an article about ADDC conference (soon to be published on Medium)
4) Read style guides and modular programming
5) Starting to think for an approach to the issues assigned
July 06, 2018
July 05, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 5, 2018 15:24 UTC
DIANA: ORGANIZE WORK ENVIRONMENT
1) Add Google Doc to TODO bot (shared with mentors & supervisor)
2) And Updated all tasks from Google Doc to TODObot.
3) Create a GENERAL Starters README for project, Divided work with teammate
4) Blog article = done, awaiting for revision/ publication instructions from RgSOC team.
STILL DOING/ TODO
1) learn Git
2) Install Project Dependencies
3) Write 1st part of README.md file for project (NOT FINISHED)
4) LEARN BitBucket about VERSION CONTROL
5) Practice with Visual Live Coder
Feeling: not really productive, as I lacked time in the afternoon to finish tasks.
1) Took Github tutorial on collaboration
2) Been full day at https://addconf.com/2018/ (writing article)
3) Writing README file on dependencies
4) Replied to Diana´s questions
July 04, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 4, 2018 14:41 UTC
LEARNING THE BASICS and FURTHER SET UP:
1) Create summary Meeting.(Violeta)
2) Install Linux Terminal on Windows (Diana)
3) Setup TODO app in slack (Diana)
4) Call with Lucas: Wednesday (Violeta) (notes will be shared with Diana)
5) Schedule weekly call with Lucas (V&D)
6) LEARN GIT RESOURCES: Github, Tower, FreeCodeCamp, Learn Enough, OshitGit, Hackernoon)
7) Create fake repo (RgSoc DVTeam) (Diana)
8) Finished JS summary in Google Drive (shared with Violeta)
9) Read about Common Mark
10) Had online meeting with Lucas (Violeta)
11) Cloned repo and installed dependencies on laptop (Violeta)
12) Talked to Tetiana about Ruby in Rails future implementation (Violeta)
13) Read about regular expressions (Violeta)
14) Reviewed git commands (Violeta)
15) Read more about regular expressions (Violeta)
FEELING: It is definitely needed to have a coach to start and stay on track and have small tasks to start with, but today we already felt less "lost in translation". Tomorrow will continue to practice Git.
July 03, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 3, 2018 13:32 UTC
1) Install Visual Studio Live Share
2) Use TMate to share terminal (not safe?)
3) Install NPM packages: - Jsdom / Markdown-it , Lerna & Linter
5) PREPARE Questions First Mentor Session in coding office (18.30-20.00 hrs.) TODO: Discuss installation, setup, preparation project and scrum workflow.
GENERAL TASK (after basic setup is complete):
- Rewrite functionality (v1 into v2).
AFTER MEETING: Goals & To Do for the week
- Review how to use git / github
- Play around with the code
- Checkout Common Mark
- Implement plug in
- Review regular expressions
- Describe the desired behavior for the ID plugin before working on it
- Create a README file
July 02, 2018
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) — at July 2, 2018 14:32 UTC
So we begin!
- Worked on the first blog post for RGSoC
- Filled the gaps on Diana's summary of the SCRUM workshop we had on Friday
- Checked out the npm packages Nico sent us + Lerna (tried to figure out what they do and how to use them)
- Organized things a bit with Diana, communicated with Nico & Jen and coaches
- Checked out the conference coming up this week (https://addconf.com/)
- Set up Medium (@dvteam) account, email and calendar to share with Diana and the rest of the team
- Having the kick off call in an hour and a half!
Today I have done the following:
1) Read the RgSoc calendar (created and shared with mentors & coached by teammate V).
2) Write 1st Blog article - Send to teammate V to check.
3) Create summary of Scrum Workshop- attended with teammate V on friday 29th of June.
4) Subscribe to general Slack-channel Rails Girls SoC.
5) Attend Kick Off Meeting RgSoC at 18.00 PM