Team Popcorn (Nextcloud)
- Starts On
- July 01, 2018
- Finishes On
- September 30, 2018
- Last Activity
- September 28, 2018
September 28, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 28, 2018 16:09 UTC
🎉 FINAL DAY! 🎉
- We finished the avatar management branch and merged it
- We had a call with App Maintainer John to make sure everything was ready for the Beta Release
- We listed what was missing in this release and therefore what is needed for the next one
- App maintainer John will make the Beta release for Contacts 🎉 🎉
- We made our final log entries
- We cleaned the laptops Absolventa had loaned us ready for being returned
- Said our final goodbyes to the team here 😊
It's the end of the Summer of Code and what a rollercoaster it has been! We have both learnt so much and had so much support from the whole team. We are both excited to take this next step and see what comes next while knowing we will keep this experience close to our hearts for a long time to come 💚.
We want to extend a huge thanks to all our coaches, App Maintainer John, our supervisor, our coaching company Absolventa, the Nextcloud community (especially Jos, Jan, Xheni, and Jona) and also to each other. We didn't know one another before applying for the summer of code and it has been great getting to know each other, learn from one another and create together 😊.
Congratulations to all the other teams for completing their summers of code also we are so happy to be part of the community with you all! 🎉
See our work here: https://github.com/nextcloud/contacts
September 27, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 27, 2018 16:21 UTC
- we both continued a little on the Avatar management.. almost done 🎉
- we had an amazing knowledge share session with our coach Camila (see her notes here)
Camila & Jos came today and brought us actual popcorn :heart: we then had our workshop and chatted with Jan about companies and organisation. It felt like it brought the summer full circle as we started at Jos & Camila's place installing Nextcloud, getting set up to be able to contribute. An incredible day to mark the second to last day of summer of code.
September 26, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 26, 2018 16:51 UTC
- we both worked on the Avatar management and made good lee way on it
- we had a super knowledge share session with our coach Markus (see our notes here)
Was really awesome to go through testing with Markus and have a better understanding of how it works and how to implement it in our workflow.
Link(s) to work:
September 25, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 25, 2018 15:45 UTC
- We split what we were pair programming on into two as Jessica is ill and didn't want to infect Arati while also saving her voice. Therefore Arati is working on the methods for the Avatar management and Jessica is working on the styling.
- Jessica also worked on the avatars in list and made quick changes on her cdav branch for the addressbook settings popover menu
Nice to go over how to approach an issue together even if we didn't then code together. Hoping my head is clearer tomorrow and my throat is better!
September 24, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 24, 2018 17:14 UTC
- Arati worked on the property hint tooltip-adding to the icon not the component
- Jessica worked on putting together slides for our end of RGSoC presentation
- We had our last team meeting and presented our retrospective of what we have achieved and thanked those who had helped us :)
It was great to have the chance to thank all those involved and go through what we have achieved in the last 3 months!
September 21, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 21, 2018 17:02 UTC
- Jessica: Worked on webdav for popover menu in settings and made PR for avatars in list.
- Arati: microscopic PR for a tooltip related issue--it's really interesting taking a closer look at how the components for the contact details properties have been built.
We had another great meeting with App Maintainer where we primarily discussed cdav lib and caramel!
September 20, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 20, 2018 15:25 UTC
- Worked through adding the preview screen to Avatar management, the html is there so now it is a matter of styling and adding in the functions for the menu
- Looked at the cdav, which is now been added but is not yet complete, started to understand how it worked and how to implement it
Today was a little slower in coding and I spent more time reading through the App maintainers code to see how to use. I also encountered some buggy parts when trying to implement the preview screen where I had to rerun make watch-js to get the updated version working.
Link(s) to work:
Preview Screen: https://github.com/nextcloud/contacts/tree/vue-avatar-management-preview
CDAV : https://github.com/nextcloud/contacts/pull/632/files
September 19, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 19, 2018 17:21 UTC
- Pair programming! With lots of help from App Maintainer, we are now able to upload a photo for the icon and have it show up.
Asking detailed questions helps keep a good coding flow going.
September 18, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 18, 2018 15:40 UTC
- Jessica: Worked on the avatar management preview and options menu.
- Arati: Two merges in one day! Admittedly one was just a tiny little fix but that's still a record for me.
It's great having App Maintainer and Jessica on riot to ask for help from or just to shoot the breeze with.
September 17, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 17, 2018 17:05 UTC
- Jessica: Worked on the loading state for the elements in the popover menu and added logic for renaming section when popover menu has been closed. #614
- Arati: Worked on more (newly requested) fixes to my latest PR and read more about the GoTo schedule and various talks
It was really nice to have a chat with App Maintainer again--it has been too long!
September 14, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 14, 2018 16:59 UTC
- Jessica is in a land far far away enjoying family time.
- Arati was preparing for attending GoTo conference in October 🚀 and fixed changes requested for her latest PR ✅
RGSOC has given us a lot and I feel incredibly privileged to have the program's support for getting me a ticket to attend an exciting conference like GoTo!
September 13, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 13, 2018 15:56 UTC
- Jessica worked on the loading states for the addressbook popovermenu functions
- We completed our blog post and made the PR to the Summer of Code Repo
- We continued on our pair programming issue #603
It was nice to get back to our pair programming issue and continue looking at how we get the file input and save it in the contac. For this week and next week we decided to ask our families for our update titles words. Today is from Jessica's brother who just had a little boy called Jove so his response is quite topical. Tomorrow Jessica will be out of the office as she will go visit her new nephew in the UK :)
Link(s) to work:
September 12, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 12, 2018 16:08 UTC
- Arati was out of the office today
- Jessica worked partly on the blog post, checked the App Mantainers work on the Date picker and corrected her work on the avatar in the list. I also had a call with our coach Markus to update him to what we have been doing.
Again another day thinking about what we have achieved and how little time is left 😮 Today I spent more time reading code and figuring out how it works than I did writing code, which felt refreshingly good to do!
September 11, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 11, 2018 16:00 UTC
- We sat together and merged our work on the blog post and put it into mark down format ready for submission.
- Jessica looked at the datetime branch, specifically looking for a solution for displaying the datepicker result. She also created a branch for issue #604 (Avatars in list).
- Arati started fixing the changes requested for her latest PR.
It was fun to go through our personal highlights and reminisce about the summer so far ^^
September 10, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 10, 2018 15:57 UTC
- Jessica worked on moving the renaming input to the popover menu #622 and checks for readonly addressbooks #623.
- Arati continued on her part of the blog post and started on a second code review!
- We had our weekly agile meeting with coach Camila
It's exciting and nerve racking to think we only have 3 weeks left after this one! 0.o Time has flown by and looking back while we write our blog posts we have achieved so much with the help and support of our coaches, supervisor and App Mantainer ❤️
September 07, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 7, 2018 17:05 UTC
* Jessica: Worked on blog post, opened new branch for renaming of addressbook, made a couple of code reviews and looked at the datetime inputs.
* Arati: Worked on blog post, figuring out conference workshops and general sign up process and my first code review!
Thinking back on the past few months while writing the blog post his a reminder of how far we have come and how intense this summer has been.
September 06, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 6, 2018 16:01 UTC
* Pair programming--working on Avatar management (#603)
* Jessica: Finished review points & closed PR #618.
* Arati: Added close icon to import screen and working on making the screen disappear on click.
Our first pair programming session was productive and we have a good roadmap set up for the duration of our work on the issue we started.
September 05, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 5, 2018 16:54 UTC
* Call with our supervisor.
* Jessica: Added vue clipboard library to allow users to copy the addressbook url. Continued on popover menu in settings and adjusted as per app maintainer notes.
* Arati: Made a PR for "add address book" issue (#605) and created a new branch for a new issue, "add close icon for importing" (#606).
Troubleshooting with each other about issues we were working on was very enjoyable and helpful!
September 04, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 4, 2018 15:04 UTC
Today Arati was out of the office to compensate for time spent at the Nextcloud conference.
* I worked on my PR #618 for fixing issue #614 the popover menu. Close to a nice working solution 💪
* I also joined the remote call with the other members of RGSoC 📞
It was really nice to see and talk with Anna and some of the other RGSoC participants and share our experiences. I also got quite a bit of coding done today and managed to untangle in my mind how to work with the WebDav (still not completely but I understand it much better!) 🎉
Link(s) to work:
September 03, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at September 3, 2018 19:44 UTC
- Jessica worked on the rename function in the popover menu for issue #600 and added a fix for issue #615 as per review.
- Agile Meeting without coaches.
- Arati worked on form validation with regex for issue 605 and design fixes.
August 31, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 31, 2018 14:48 UTC
- Jessica worked on the enable function in the popover menu as well as the rename function. (issue #614)
- She also fixed the styling issues on share addressbook and requested feedback via PR #615 - partial fix for issue #600
- Arati worked on updating her branch vue-new-addressbook so that it incorporates the changes she made with the App maintainer during the conference and continue with issue #605
Today we were back in the office at Absolventa, it was nice to catch up with our coaches there and swap conference stories (Kaja was at Euruko at the weekend) With the roadmap now in place and the deadline looming we have plenty to get on with! 🙂
August 30, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 30, 2018 16:17 UTC
-Today we were back at the Nextcloud conference Hackweek to continue working with the App maintainer.
- We continued with our list of issues and went through some of the finer points of how the app works in terms of using the virtual DOM.
It was the last day of the conference and time to say bye to John our App maintainer and the other contributors. Still we look forward and hope to be invited to the next Nextcloud hackweek 💙
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 30, 2018 16:07 UTC
-Today we were back at the Nextcloud conference Hackweek to continue working with the App maintainer.
- Arati made a Pull request for vue-import-progress merged! Fixing importDestination so that the correct address book is imported to, displaying the name in the import screen
-Jessica started working on the styling issues for the share addressbook
-we also started to create issues as part of the roadmap for our last month of RGSoC
It's been really great to be able to work so close with the App Maintainer John and get in person help. Talking online can get confusing at time and this time together has been invaluable 💜
August 28, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 28, 2018 22:52 UTC
-Met with the App maintainer to discuss the roadmap for September and timeline before releasing Beta 1
-Arati worked with the App maintainer to complete her import component and get it merged
-Jessica had her share addressbook branch merged with the master vue branch and continued on the popovermenu
-We both attended the open source diversity meetup 💚
It's been really awesome to start making a roadmap for the last month of RGSoC. It looks like we will release the Beta 1 of the app in our last week :) Hurrah!! 🎉
August 27, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 27, 2018 15:03 UTC
This weekend we were at the Nextcloud Conference! It was a great opportunity to learn more about Nextcloud and meet other contributors ^^
Jessica gave a introductory workshop to contributing to Nextcloud workshop and a lighting talk on useful Git commands for contributing to Open source. You can watch her talk here and checkout the slides using the links below.
- Jessica worked on the Popover menu
- Arati added functionality to import screen, fleshed out the parse VCF function and added real progress value for progress bar and contact name as it gets imported
- We had our weekly agile meeting
It has been a great opportunity to reconnect with the whole Nextcloud community and refresh our passion and see the effect our work has! Today we were back in the office as they have an enterprise day but tomorrow we will go back to the Hack space so we can work more closely with the App maintainer!
Link(s) to work:
Workshop Repo for contributing to Nextcloud https://github.com/sleepypioneer/ContributingToNextcloudIntroductoryWorkshop
Talk from last years RGSoC team Codeaholics! https://youtu.be/zKk2NwXiQu4?t=7h8m11s
August 24, 2018
August 23, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 23, 2018 21:34 UTC
- First day of Nextcloud conference!
- Jessica: Trouble shooting Docker issues in preparation for the workshop.
- Arati: Sat with App Maintainer and went through the creation of importState store.
Talking in person with our mentor is so much better than screen sharing!
August 22, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 22, 2018 15:58 UTC
- Jessica: Worked through feedback for improving code from yesterday and starting setting up the development environment for working at the conference tomorrow.
- Arati: Sat with coach Markus and went through ContactService from the old app to figure out how to show importing of contacts in the new app.
It's interesting asking coaches about their first conference experience and imagining them as newbies!
August 21, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 21, 2018 16:48 UTC
- Jessica: Added debounce function for requests for Asynchronous Multiselect. Fixed styling for Multiselect when no query has been inputed. Fixed filter function so that share addressbook now works correctly.
- Arati: set up a basic import screen and started researching how to show the progress of the import.
We have been doing the RGSOC long enough to start having some perspective on helpful/unhelpful practices.
August 20, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 20, 2018 16:28 UTC
- Jessica continued working on the comments from the app maintainer for her PR for share components.
- Monthly meeting with so many of our coaches and the main maintainer for the contacts app and Neta.
- Arati continued with implementing the loading page for when contacts are imported.
It was impressive seeing so many of our coaches and mentors gathered together for the call.
August 16, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 16, 2018 16:53 UTC
- Jessica refactored her code based on the App Maintainers comments but got a little stuck and frustrated - she is sure it will be clearer come Monday XD
- Arati started a new branch for when contacts are loading and also combined two functions to make her code more efficient.
We are excited to have our coaches over to have a mid-summer-of-code celebration!
August 15, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 15, 2018 16:26 UTC
- Arati worked on refractoring her code on the Add Addressbook using the comments the App maintainer gave on the Github commits
- Jessica also did some refractoring based on the App Maintainers comments and started on the Popover menu
- We had a meeting with our coach Markus and the App mainainer to talk about intergrating BEVM in our SCSS and also had a mini code along session with Markus to show us in more detail how to get started.
It was a good session with the App maintainer today discussing our naming conventions and folder structuring as well as learning more about BEVM. We have also been enjoying refactoring our code and learning new tips as we go!
August 14, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 14, 2018 14:51 UTC
- Jessica worked on refactoring and cleaning up the code she was working on and looked at styling for the share addressbook section
- Arati was back in today and caught back up with messages
- We had our coach Lora in today for our second knowledge share sessions. She was giving us tips on working with Dev tools
Tomorrow we have our weekly meeting with the App maintainer to discuss structuring our CSS and next steps so it has been good to get some solid coding done to be able to present to him.
August 13, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 13, 2018 16:25 UTC
- Arati was ill today so took the day off
- Jessica got a working version of the shareAddressbook function running, and also noticed & fixed a bug in her removeSharee function :)
- Jessica is also working on a lightening talk for the upcoming Nextcloud conference which takes place in Berlin in two weeks
- We have been discussing naming conventions for our components and looking at the vue style guide. We have now renamed our components accordingly
I missed having Arati in the office and hope she feels better soon. It was quite fiddly getting the multi-select hooked up to the shareAddressbook function but very satisfying to complete a working version. I still need to work on the styling and would like to see if I can refractor the code so it is a little cleaner.
August 10, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 10, 2018 18:42 UTC
- Jessica: Worked on refractoring the function for the asyncFind when searching for a user or group to share the chosen addressbook with. Used axios all function to return all promises and regex with text.split(substr) to split out the matching parts to allow for separate styling. Also looked at styling for this element.
- Arati: Fixed code based on our mentor's feedback. Created a new action called commitContactsFromImport. Not sure yet if the new action works or not. Imported contacts don't appear within the specified address book but haven't yet checked if it's because of missing functionality in another component...
- Had a nice Team Popcorn discussion about job hunting in tech.
Our RGSOC time feels more efficient now that certain routines are starting to take shape.
August 09, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 9, 2018 17:13 UTC
- Jessica was working on the first version of share contacts version using axios.
- Arati was working on setting up the functionality for importContacts--in particular working with FileReader and parsing of VCF files.
A great day of intense coding with no meetings (nothing against meetings but getting a solid chunk of coding time feels like such a luxury).
August 08, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 8, 2018 16:32 UTC
- It's a big day. We are merging our forked branch with the main vue branch in the nextcloud contacts repo! Moving forward we will be working directly in that repo (with smaller branches).
- For this purpose, Jessica was adding comments to the sections that she was working on and she also made the PR.
- The borders for the import section are looking sharp thanks to our mentor's suggestions! Related to this section, Arati replaced some selectors in the section to hopefully make the CSS neater.
- We had our weekly meeting with supervisor Neta.
We are just one week away from the half-way mark but also only a week away from the one month mark--time has a strange way of bending during RGSOC.
August 07, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 7, 2018 16:32 UTC
- Jessica was working on the search input and has to start all over again as a result of our meeting today with the main maintainer of the Contacts app .
- Arati started applying feedback that the main maintainer of the Contacts app had left on comments about the styling of the importContacts component (in particular regarding the borders of the two buttons).
- We had a long meeting with the main maintainer of the Contacts app and discussed everything from how to structure our CSS to using actions vs mutations and more specific topics about issues we are working on.
- We are still both feeling pretty sleep deprived from weekend busyness...
Our coaches and mentors are so helpful to talk to, and not just about code!
August 06, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 6, 2018 18:11 UTC
- Jessica worked on the action to mutate the state—writability of the address book shares (including deleting them).
- Arati switched from CSS issues to the functionality of the addAddressBook component, first step was finding a way to access the new address book name in the addAddressBook method.
- Long, in-depth weekly meeting with coaches Kaja and Victor.
It was really helpful to talk shop with our coaches during the Agile meeting--got to learn about everything from resources to helpful mindsets.
August 03, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 3, 2018 16:13 UTC
- Arati worked on the add contact input UI, in particular the border when hovered over and went through her code with our coach Victor
- Jessica worked on the delete Sharee and edit Sharee's writeable permissions as well as the UI for possible sharees
A solid day of heads down coding! It was a nice way to finish the week :) We both feel we have learnt a lot of valuable additions this week with our knowledge share session and learning about BEVM. Roll on Monday :)
August 02, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 2, 2018 15:57 UTC
- Got the Sort Contacts function working
- Started to refractor CSS following BEVM based on the information from Markus yesterday
- Had a knowledge share session with Victor about Docker (see link below)
This was our first knowledge share sessions and it was fantastic. Victor did outstanding work explaining us Docker, how to set it up for projects and gave us lots of useful tips. Feel free to read our notes in the link below if you would like to know more.
August 01, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at August 1, 2018 16:12 UTC
It's month 2 already of RGSoC!Time flies when your coding! <3
- continued with our components, and their functionality
- Learnt more about Vue Multiselect properties
- Had a impromptu knowledge share session with our coach Markus on BEVM and Mixins
Great to spend some time focused on learning a structuring system for SCSS, even the other developers here decided to join in. Next week Markus will do a knowledge share workshop on Promises, Callbacks and Async Await!
July 31, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 31, 2018 16:00 UTC
- continued with our components, we have started to look at functionailty
- Had a meeting with the App maintainer and discussed our progress (Thankfully we are going in the right direction!)
- Got more familiar with CSS
- Also looked at comments from App maintainer on our recent commits
We are having some problems when trying to do screen sharing with our App Maintainer(he is in France) this is fairly frustrating and meant we had to cut our meeting short today. We are hoping our coaches at Absolventa will be able to help us.
July 30, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 30, 2018 15:52 UTC
- Went over protocol for version control and making sure our fork is up to date with the upstream
- Looked at new code from App maintainer
- Continued working on our own components UI and looked at functionality
- Had agile meeting (see separate log - https://github.com/team-popcorn/RGSoC2018/blob/master/log.md#agile4)
- Reached out to coaches regarding knowledge sharing sessions and suggested dates
It was great talking with our coaches about our approach and concerns. Also recieving some feedback from them was incredibly valuable.
Link(s) to work:
July 27, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 27, 2018 18:50 UTC
- Jessica created the popover menu for the settings section and was adjusting the multi-select for shareAddressBook.
- Arati fixed the display of the two button for importContacts and started looking at positioning the icon correctly as well.
- Finalised a date for a gathering of coaches, mentors and supervisor of Team Popcorn in mid-August.
- Jessica did a mini intro of flex for Arati. She is really a fantastic teammate and teacher!
It's hard to believe the UI of the setting sections is almost finished which means the UI for the first panel is almost done which means one down, two to go!
July 26, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 26, 2018 15:56 UTC
- Focused on the sharee component for Jessica, hardcoding the contacts to get the positioning of the names and icons right to begin with.
- Focused on the importContacts app for Arati and how to display the correct addressbook names and get closer to the final styling.
- Learned more about the multiselect library and the users management portion of the server app while trying to reproduce the multiselect for the importContacts and sortContacts components.
- We were with our coach Camila today.
The settings section of the first panel is really starting to look like something!
July 25, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 25, 2018 17:45 UTC
- We had a meeting with the main contacts maintainer--the focus was how he wanted to create the CSS classes for the new app.
- We had a meeting with our supervisor Neta, in person this time!
- We learned more about the multiselect library for Vue.js and how to implement it.
- We made a proper start of our individual sections regarding the UI.
- We have learned that our coaches wear a lot of grey and eat a lot of pizza ;)
Now that we have very definite sections that we are working on and have established a regular line of communication with the main app maintainer, our work time feels shorter than ever!
July 24, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 24, 2018 20:04 UTC
- We had a meeting with the main contacts maintainer.
- We split the work to do for setting up the base UI--(Jessica will do sortContacts and shareAddressBook and Arati will do importContacts and addAddressBook).
- We started on our individual sections.
- Had a talk with our coach Lora about Vue tutorials and conferences.
It's been so helpful having regular meetings with the main contacts maintainer and getting detailed insight into how he wants to do the migration.
July 23, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 23, 2018 20:49 UTC
- Had a very useful weekly meeting with coaches Kaja, Camila and Lora.
- Started building the UI based on the code we had gone through during the meeting with the main Contacts maintainer last week, particularly addressBook.vue, but we also added new components (contactImport.vue and sortContacts.vue).
- Had a meeting just the two of us to go over code that Jessica had written in the time before our core hours.
- Also created issues together to track the tasks ahead.
There is a definite sense that we are getting into a good work rhythm!
July 20, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 20, 2018 15:47 UTC
- Continued to explore the code base and its logic.
- Had screen sharing session with App maintainer to go through work flow and build a component with him.
- Had our lovely coach Camila with us for moral support.
It was great to have the shared screen session with the App maintainer so that we could understand exactly what he was talking about. We watched him build a component and talked about our work flow.
Happy weekend RGSoC sisters!
July 19, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 19, 2018 16:17 UTC
- We continued looking through how the App maintainer had built the initial code
- Met with the app Maintainer to go over initial questions
- Talked with our temporary supervisor for the week Vaishali who is in the forest hoping to learn how to catch snakes for safe removal.
We on one hand feel excited to have the code base at our finger tips and on the other feel we have a lot to learn.
July 18, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 18, 2018 16:07 UTC
- Jessica had to upgrade PHP to 7.2, Arati helped with this as she had similar experience on her own computer.
- Looked through code base for Vue Branch, started to make changes and list questions for meeting tomorrow with App Maintainer
Was a little confusing with the PHP upgrade as I had ran the commands but with no effect. Luckily our coach Victor was on hand to help and explain a little more to the set up!
July 17, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 17, 2018 16:12 UTC
- looked into Jest
- pulled latest Vue branch and tried to get contacts app running
- hit issue with PHP Parse error, could not resolve and have reached out to App maintainer for help
- Arati worked within older version of app to see how to connect components.
- looked through code base of Vue.js app
- fixed our first blog post
Slightly frustrating day as we are unsure how to fix the PHP parsing error. However good to be able to look at and work with the code.
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 17, 2018 07:29 UTC
- continuation of VUEX research
- agile meeting - see separate log (https://github.com/team-popcorn/RGSoC2018/blob/master/log.md#agile2)
- talked with App maintainer regarding road map
- pulled and built blank vue.js contacts app
- set weekly plan and what we want to achieve tomorrow.
- made PR for partial fix for issue #333
An exciting start to the week as we now have the base template and road map to start contributing on the migration.
July 13, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 13, 2018 15:57 UTC
- Jessica is working on getting local storage for her app
- she was also figuring out how to fetch and update the store
- Arati started integrating Vuex into her app
- she was also learning more about communicating events
- meeting with coach Camila (about big picture planning and direction for next week)
We would like to start working on issues on the new vue branch Monday or Tuesday but if not, studying the users management system would be a good alternative.
July 12, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 12, 2018 20:00 UTC
- no coaches visited us because it's Thursday
- Jessica worked on integrating Vuex into her app
- Arati set up a basic Vue app
- more tutorials! (both for Vue and Vuex)
- discussed conference options
It was really helpful getting help from each other (well Jessica helped Arati!), particularly since no one is more familiar with the current experience of working through RGSOC than the other teammate.
July 11, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 11, 2018 16:54 UTC
- meeting with main person maintaining the contacts app to discuss next steps in the migration
- studied Vuex as it is one of the main dependencies for the contacts app
- discussed the meeting and Vuex with coach Markus
- went through the code of the new Vue branch which is the main one for the migration and formulated questions in preparation for the meeting
The migration is within reach!
July 10, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 10, 2018 19:46 UTC
- worked on issue 333 and even made a commit! (see link below)
- worked with coach Lora
- showed progress on issue 333 to coach Kaja
- meeting with our supervisor
- read more about Angular.js
- attended the RGSOC meetup
Though we only wrote a few lines of code, it feels like we are really getting into the work of RGSoC!
July 09, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 9, 2018 16:49 UTC
- working on a past issue: https://github.com/nextcloud/contacts/issues/106
- first weekly meeting with coach Camila
- coordinating with coaches and mentors about the structure of upcoming Monday meetings
- continuing with Vue.js tutorials
- started on the issue linked to below
It feels great to dig into some actual issues for our project and to see the structure for the next few months taking shape.
July 06, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 6, 2018 15:12 UTC
- formatting of the blog post
- final edits of the blog post
- went over with our coach Camila our plan, set up , and involvement
- continuing with Vue tutorials
- fixing the fabulous RuPaul app picture
Great week, hard to believe it's already been five days and looking forward to doing it again on Monday!
July 05, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 5, 2018 15:48 UTC
- Ru Paul quotes app built with Vue
- more for the blog post...
- tweaking our work environment (particularly figuring out how to work with new keyboards)
- continuing with Vue tutorials
Our coaches were remote today but it was great spending quality time with each other :)
July 04, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 4, 2018 15:57 UTC
- started working through various Vue tutorials
- made notes for our blog post
- went over with our coach Markus our plan, set up , and involvement as well as some git basics
- had our first weekly meeting with our supervisor
Feeling a bit overwhelmed with balancing administrative tasks and coding as well as learning a whole new framework (Vue).
July 03, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 3, 2018 15:33 UTC
- completed the setup of development environment
- looked at Vue
- made notes for our blog post
- went over with our coach Lora our plan, set up , and involvement
- lined up our first issues to tackle and added them to our github project
We are starting to feel more settled in to our routine and looking forward to getting fully immersed in coding!
July 02, 2018
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) — at July 2, 2018 15:40 UTC
After a warm welcome from coaching company ABSOLVENTA and coach Kaja, we did the following tasks:
- set up our new working environments
- starting installing the Nextcloud development environment on our new machines
- set up communication channels
- meeting with project lead for Nextcloud Contacts App to discuss our involvement
- joined the Kick off event call
We also had a visit from one of our coaches Markus at our coaching company.