Team perifericas (Speakerinnen) 
- Starts On
- July 01, 2016
- Finishes On
- September 30, 2016
- Last Activity
- September 30, 2016
Raul Hacker Club's members, hackers, and beloved friends.
We love doramas, animes and technology.
September 30, 2016
September 28, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 28, 2016 01:05 UTC
- Reviewed the next issues to work after RGSoC;
- Geisa continued studying about JS (and talked with a friend about Elm);
- RubyConfBR: checked all the tips, links, materials from the talks. A lot of great things to work on Speakerinnen;
- Prepared the talk for next friday and some exercises for the participants;
- Read some articles and documentations about staging an app and production in Heroku;
September 27, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 27, 2016 01:17 UTC
I'm back to Salvador, tired but really happy and full of new ideas.
- Added our invitation to RGSoC's Announcements
- Organized the photos and videos and notes to write the blog post about RubyConfBR;
- Talk with some friends to confirm they participation at the Goodbye Party for next friday;
- Hangout with Emma;
- Call with our supervisor;
- Finish the preparations for the party;
September 24, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 24, 2016 03:38 UTC
RubyConfBR first day was so amazing.
Meet my friends, meet some people that i admire but only knew from Twitter.
There were some talks happening all the sametime that i didn't know how to participate for all of them.
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 24, 2016 03:33 UTC
Today I worked at Google Campus Sao Paulo all day.
It's really great. The place is so cool.
I'll share more later for you.
- We have a call with our lovely supervisor Ines (I was in a phoneboth);
- I've worked on some texts and RGSoC tasks;
See ya later,
September 21, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 21, 2016 21:50 UTC
This is Geisa :)
I woke up so early to get in time to the flight. I prefer to come two days before the conference to meet other groups of dev girls.
I'm so excited! Sunday, after the conference, i will participe of a workshop to learn about development games with Unity3D at MariaLab, a feminist hackerspace (the only one in Brazil).
- Get some informations about the translation;
- Some RGSoC tasks;
- Schedule some meetings with locals groups at Sao Paulo (Geisa);
- Try to to talk with other dev friends for guidance about social plugins;
September 20, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 20, 2016 22:19 UTC
Wow, today was so intense.
- We talk with orga-team;
- Checked the translation issue;
- Geisa is going tomorrow to Sao Paulo for [RubyConf](rubyconf.com.br), so she was taking care of the things for the trip, making contacts with other Ruby developers and planned her week;
- We sent information for our talk at Mundo Senai conference next week;
- We talked about some tasks for RGSoC (texts about our experiences at conferences);
- Talked about some similar projects there are running in Brazil and contact some developers girls to meet Speakerinnen;
Tomorrow we want to finish the translation, so we can spread Speakerinnen for the all Portuguese speakers at the world!
September 19, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 19, 2016 22:23 UTC
- Another merge for #issue443 \o/
- Geisa worked on #issue408
- Planned and checked some arranges for RubyConf
- Search for local places and coworkings to work during our stay at Sao Paulo
- Guidance session about JS and another front-end tips
We've been invited to give a talk about diversity and RGSoC to juniors at a local tech school next week. :)
September 17, 2016
September 14, 2016
September 13, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 13, 2016 22:04 UTC
- Geisa solved some issues and so she could continue to work on the implements;
- Emma worked on country-issue with Mentor Anja;
- More tests with RSPec;
- Geisa studied about PostgreSQL;
- We get into contact with Rails Girls Community at São Paulo, so we could meet them during the RubyConf this month :)
- Check places to work during our stay in Sao Paulo city;
September 12, 2016
September 09, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 9, 2016 21:25 UTC
- Practice more tests and code clean;
- Review some issues;
- talk session about security in RoR applications;
Today we'll be celebrating with Coach X at a farewell party.
As usual at the Virada Hacker (a night for code, hacking and fun) we'll try to finish some tasks and meet a lot of friends.
Have a nice weekend!
September 08, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 8, 2016 22:12 UTC
- Talked with Coach X (he is going to study abroad /Portugal/) about our last weeks in RGSoC;
- Talked with Coach Brena about the issues we are having trouble;
- Continued worked on issue 408;
- New challenges for RSpec and Capybara;
- Reviewed the issues we still have to work;
- Get some help to solve some issues with Vagrant and postgresql;
September 06, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 6, 2016 22:55 UTC
- Talk with some local partners about our crowdfunding campaign;
- Geisa couldn't solve some issues with Vagrant and PostgreSQL configuration;
- Practicing RSpec, unit tests and Capybara;
- Session talk about tests with some friends;
- Geisa starts writing about her experience at Jusbrasil Tech Day;
- We talk about Q&A interview from Speakerinnen (why is so difficult talk about us?);
Tomorrow is a holiday in Brazil (Independence Day).
September 05, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 5, 2016 21:47 UTC
So...this is the last month of RGSoC.
We've been talking about it and what we learn till now, reviewed our work and what we are having difficult to achieve.
- Emma read some articles to solve some issues that she wants to work this week;
- Emma reviewed issues #396 and #469
- Geisa wrote about some impressions about the meetup last Friday;
- We talk about the page for the campaign (crowdfunding for travel costs to RubyConf this month);
- Geisa worked on issue #408
- Finish Speakerinnen's Q&A
- Launch crowdfunding campaign
- Geisa will try to solve some issues with Vagrant and PostgreSQL configuration
- Finish issue #408
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 5, 2016 16:50 UTC
Last Friday I was at JusBrasil Tech Day .
It was great to see friends and meet more professionals in the IT field.
My favorite talk was about IT Performance, something we are usually dealing with these last months. We like a lot about that topic (tests, performances, Continuos Integration and Delivery).
Soon I'll talk a little more about it.
*Emma had some personal issues to resolve , so she can't go.
September 01, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at September 1, 2016 22:33 UTC
What we did
- More learning sessions about JS;
- Read some articles and watch some videos about JS and TDD with JS;
- Geisa wasted the rest of the day trying to set up Vragrant and catch some tips from Coach Brena to finish that;
We were invited to attend a local meetup with some professionals and learn more about Agile, Docker, Tsuru and a lot more great things. :smile:
The host is Jusbrasil, one of the most important local companies. The schedule is in Portuguese but you can know more about them here in English.
August 31, 2016
August 30, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 30, 2016 21:15 UTC
Unlike the meaning of the number 42, this day brought more new questions than answers.
- We check some issues that we planned for this month;
- We talked about JS learnings lessons;
- Following our supervisor advices, Geisa started checking Free Code Camp course to get some more learnings about front-end;
- JS isn't easy and our first attempts didn't work for issue 408;
- We plan to try gem for social sharing buttons;
- Advance learnings about JS;
August 29, 2016
August 26, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 26, 2016 20:39 UTC
Wow! What a week, hum?
So much things we learned. It's funny and great when you realize that all of your previously estimatives were wrong.
"Serious? Just these? We'll take care of them in the first month!" - said two poors girls that didn't know nothing about a big project. (John Snow's feelings)
But, it's been amazing too. Now we know how deep and how much something that looks simple and easy to fix is complex. Like a domino effect.
For social sharing buttons I'd always (Geisa) use third-party tools in my projects or clients projects. Simple and easy to manage, but to add one of them to Speakerinnen's site i dig the internet for recommendations, read posts and foruns about the pros and cons. So i realize that isn't the better solution: not safe, harvest traffic statistics from your site, track your visitors, slow to load, just a few disadvantages.
The friday ends with more tasks to take care on monday.
Others things we did
- Clean Code readings;
- Coach session with Brena <3;
Have a great weekend, everyone!
August 25, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 25, 2016 21:36 UTC
Today we had a long session withh coach Brena to find and test solutions for #issue408. We talked about design and how to provide social media buttons for people recommend Speakerinnen :)
We finally get two suggestions and sent them for our mentors analize.
- Emma worked on a new issue 443
- Geisa continued her readings (Clean Code)
- Get the code for social sharing buttons
August 24, 2016
August 23, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 23, 2016 22:52 UTC
We're still working on the issues #469 and #408.
Sometimes we think "oh, that'll be ok. we can deal it in just one day" than you realize it's so simple.
We are doing some mind maps to help us figure out and get the whole cenario. It's helping a lot. :)
Others things we did:
* Answering a Q&A for Speakerinnen;
* Discuss with Coach Brena about CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery) tools (when to use on a project, how to choose)
August 22, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 22, 2016 22:10 UTC
So RGSoC Day Off recharged our batteries!
It was difficult to not check Github, Slack and even read something about Ruby or programming, but we did it!
It was a great refresh for all of us, we think.
What we did:
August 18, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 18, 2016 22:22 UTC
What we did
- Geisa is using our blog for training Git and Jekyll. Learning and praticing about git hooks and rebase;
- Emma is working on issues #469 e #408
Tomorrow is our day off and we also planned some good things to do.
It will be a sunny day!
Have a nice weekend.
August 17, 2016
August 16, 2016
August 15, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 15, 2016 22:18 UTC
The weekend was awesome!
So many girls send great feedbacks about our talk. :)
We are really happy about it and glad too.
Monday on Rails!
1) Git training - strategies, cherry-pick, how to use patches to submit, how to use labels
2) Emma worked on issue#469
3) Emma worked on Travis CI failing check to issue#469
4) Geisa worked on translation project
August 13, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 13, 2016 15:22 UTC
Yesterday we were at SECOMTEC for a talk about Rails Girls Community, about our experience during the first in RGSoC and diversity.
We took some photos and there's a streaming video (but in Portuguese as our presentation).
It was really great :)
Coach User_X was there too talking about Assembly.
Saturday Geisa will mediate a panel about Women & IT at the conference.
Have a nice weekend!
August 11, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 11, 2016 20:32 UTC
- Review the talk for tomorrow
- Discussed about topics to show what we learned till now (some much to talk! It'll be mind blow)
- Fixes and adds for some slides
- Research about some demo (and test them) to show the participants how great Ruby and Rails are :)
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 11, 2016 00:08 UTC
Good news! We'll be attending next Ruby Conference Brazil at Sao Paulo (yaayyyy!)
What we did
- Learning about React;
- Learning about Reveal.js (to create the presentation for our talk at friday)
- Reviewed translation project for portuguese expansion
August 09, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 9, 2016 21:57 UTC
What Phil Connors would do if were a programmer?
We don't know but really crazy when think a function is ok, working and bang! You have to the start all over again. And again, and again...
What we did
*Worked on issue #396
*Research for translation project for Portuguese
*Worked on presentation for next conference
*Some RGSoC tasks
August 08, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 8, 2016 23:46 UTC
The weekend was relaxing (except for Geisa who's still dealing with Git configuration and CNAME issue).
Today we did
*Advanced study about Git
*Online courses Git
*Hands on: presentation for our talk next friday
*Emma update some informations to perifericas.github.io
*Emma is working on the issue #346 with coach Brena
*Online meeting with our supervisor Ines <3<3<3
Just a note from the bottom of our hearts: RGSoC organizers and everyone who is helping the teams: YOU'RE AMAZING! Thank you so much for everything.
August 05, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 5, 2016 22:56 UTC
Friday starts well. Pouring rain, readings and solving exercises.
We worked on the same issues of yesterday to fix somethings.
Emma talked with coaches to clarify some questions.
Geisa worked on translations and finished a reading about continuous deploy.
Have a nice weekend!
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 5, 2016 12:27 UTC
*Emma continued working on PR of issue#396/469
*First blog post is up!
*Finally Geisa find out what happened with some configuration files from Git (Github support ~ thanks for the help)
*Geisa is having problems with XFCE distro for Mint and discovered somethings about why the performance isn't going well
(and learned more about Linux, why some distros are not so good to work with Ruby)
Tomorrow we have to work on translations for the Perifericas blog for Portguese and finished the configurations too.
August 03, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 3, 2016 21:38 UTC
Geisa lived her first nightmare with Git/Github yesterday/today.
[x] We worked on our first blog post
[x] Geisa studied about Git
[x] We are preparing a talk for next week. We're inveted to give a talk about RGSoC and other initiatives we're envolved in an university at Salvador. SECOMTEC, here we go!
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 3, 2016 01:07 UTC
Finally Emma solved issue #346 and choosed the gem country_select to it.
There's a lot of solutions for a problem and we still don't know why a developer choose one and no other.
There are so many gems that applies to a problem and little by little we're following advices, talking with seniors and learning more. :)
So, one more PR sent!
- Blog Post
- More readings to solve issue #346
- Guidance from coaches
August 02, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at August 2, 2016 01:14 UTC
All charged up!
What we did
[x] We planned the week and talk about the issue #346.
[x] More reading and tests for solve this issue.
[x] Also, we writed our blog post for wednesday.
[x] Talk with a friend to help us about continuous deploy topic.
[ ] Get help and talk with coaches about issue #346
[ ] Schedule a meeting to learn more about continuous deploy
July 30, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 30, 2016 00:42 UTC
Today is my bday and i'm very happy.
We learn how to create a Gem and it's really interesting process. We started to talk about some ideas of gems we can create soon. It will be really fun. :)
Others great things we did it today:
1) Take some advices with developers about a issue we're trying to solve #396;
2) More questions about deploy and continuous integration;
3) Search a little more about list of countries, ISOs, language_list
Next week it's our turn to write the blog post for RGSoC's blog, so we talk about it and start get some drafts.
We are loving to read the guest posts from our teamates. It's awesome!
Have a nice weekend!
July 29, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 29, 2016 02:53 UTC
Deploy, continuos delivery, integration, it's not so simple. So we talked with developers about this topic and why they choose one or other solutions.
Emma is rocking! Solved another issue. Geisa is working on the translation project.
What we did
1) Finishing the issue #396
2) Study about language_list
3) PR sent for prodution \o/
4) More talk with coaches to clear up some questions.
Tomorrow it's Geisa's BDay o/
We are planning a happy hour with some friends at the hackerspace.
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 29, 2016 02:26 UTC
1) Talk with others UX Designer about projects like Speakerinnen (translation)
2) Study about deploy and solutions like Travis and Code Climate
3) Review PRs
4) Study about Rails Migrations
5) started to solve the issue #396
6) Study how to encrypt passwords using bcrypt
7) Talk about Brazil expansion and spread Speakerinnen to brazilian community tech.
8) Discuss about the next issues to solve
Wow, so many things happening. Happy things :)
We are so glad to being part of this.
Thanks to everyone involved with RGSoC, our menthors, coaches and our lovely supervisor <3
July 28, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 28, 2016 23:27 UTC
Some issues need a lot more enfort, so we stop and go to study: documents, guides, foruns and etcetera.
Thinking about the great help we get from people around the web, sharing solutions and how-tos, we decide to document how we are solving the issues at our new blog (coming soon).
And something really, really great happen. We're invited to take care of the Brazilian expansion of Speakerinnen. Amazing, uh?
We are honored with this news. Rubymonstas are awesome, we admire them and now we'll be in charge of a project so important.
* . *
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 28, 2016 23:11 UTC
Monday started with a lot tasks and more checks!
Emma solved an issue and sent it another PR :)
I (Geisa) talked with UX Designers to get some ideas for our project.
We talked about find some local support with companies that use Ruby/Rails on their projects.
It will be good to get in contact with our local community and reactivate Ruby community in our city.
July 25, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 25, 2016 17:10 UTC
Today we took the day to study and finish some readings about regulars expressions and Fundamentals of Ruby.
We manage to work on Travis CI and Code Climate.
Great tools for project. We talk about it with some friends that already use them on their projects, take some advices about continuous deploy.
The day end with our participation on Virada Hacker, a meeting about security and hacking at our hackerspace, organized by LampiãoSec.
July 22, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 22, 2016 02:28 UTC
Finally we had our first meeting with whole the group (coaches Aurium and User_X, we missed you).
It was a great meeting!
[ x ] Study about test coverage analysis
[ x ] Read the reports again
[ x ] Analyse and test more
[ x ] Finally listened how to prounounce Speakerinnen in german
[ x ] We tried to pronounce the name without success
[ x ] Have a great talk with our supervisor <3
[ x ] Made plans to learn german
[ ] To conclude code coverage analysis
[ ] Study more about testing and quality code
July 21, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 21, 2016 03:07 UTC
How many times we run Rubocop these days?
Better not count, but we like. This way we can learn more and that is so great. :)
[x] Reviewing the merge about Rubocop issue
[x] Add Travis CI and Code Climate to our repo, so we can figure out more and get more help
[x] Check some open issues that we already running
[x] Talk about security analysis
[x] Plans for a talk at security conference in our city
[ ] Study about test coverage analysis
[ ] Read the reports again
[ ] Analyse and test more
July 16, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 16, 2016 02:19 UTC
After the mess, we laughed a lot about what happened. I'm still ashamed. (thanks for your patience, my great team!)
What we did
- Review the PR
- Fixed the PR and sent it again
- Talked with our great supervisor
- More RGSoC tasks completed
- Emma switched from rock playlist to classic music (I'm so sorry dear. I will buy a wall calendar and desk one too)
- Search for solutions for social plugins for Ruby and Rails application
- Learn how to ride a bike
- Play new games at Steam <3
Have a nice weekend, everyone!
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 16, 2016 01:59 UTC
So, we started our day worried about our goals to this week.
"It's friday and we haven't achieved yet. Let's do a sprint!" - and that's the story about the day I (Geisa) make everyone in the team go crazy and confused.
I advanced the meetings and calls that were schedule to friday, poor coaches and our lovely supervisor (who was in a trip). When I realized it, it already night.
Well, the day did not end without me apologizing for the confusion with everyone.
What we did
- Get freak
- Did some sprints
- Calls to clear up a lot of questions
- Reviews and studies
- Geisa managed to solve the ERROR problem (thanks people through Linux foruns)
- And finally, after all: WE SENT A PR! \\o////
- RGSoC tasks
- Calls with our coaches and supervisor <3
- Reviews tasks and our planning for some issues
July 14, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 14, 2016 03:02 UTC
Programming, technology, tests your patience every single day.
One moment you are rocking, other you are praying for Old Gods, new ones, for every God you may know and try to be calm.
As i write this in another laptop, my notebook is continually showing an error message about number and a vendor request.
But let's talk about rocking, yeah? Yeah!
What we did
- Learning a lot about refactoring, robocop;
- Progress in solving our fist issue;
- Weep (just Geisa... kidding ~ maybe not)
- Hangouts with coaches
- Guidance in the Twitter API for Ruby interface
- Review PR
- Party 'cos it's friday!
July 13, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 13, 2016 05:17 UTC
Getting things done
- Moving forward in the Ruby and Rails studies
- Studying how to solve first issues
- Translating texts to brazilian portuguese
- RGSoC tasks
- Running tests
- Meeting with coach Aurium
- Study Twitter API
July 12, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 12, 2016 04:08 UTC
So week 02 has started. We review how the first week was, free talk after our daily meeting and planned Week 02.
Emma started to translate some pages. We want to spread the Speakerinnen's project in our country and motivate brazilian women and empower them.
What we did
[x] Translate some pages
[x] Update our blog
[x] Organize our agenda
[x] Organize workspace
[x] Discuss about the planning project
[x] Clear up some doubts with coaches
[x] Organized Trello boards
[x] Finallly development environment is working without erros
[ ] Run tests
[ ] Send questions to the mentors
[ ] Administrative stuff
[ ] RGSoC Social stuff
[ ] Study in progress
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 12, 2016 03:49 UTC
What we did
[x] Ornaments for the room :)
[x] Study more about Ruby and Rails
[x] Talk with our coach Brena and discuss the project (Hangout)
[x] Discuss about new issues to propose
[x] Go to the market and buy some snacks for our kickoff
[x] RGSoC social stuff
[x] Weekly meeting with coach User_X
[x] Updated our blog Perifericas at Github
As an advice from our coach, Geisa decide to reinstall an Ubuntu version (she was using Fedora XFCE). So during our kickoff people came to visit us, we talk about the project, about Ruby and Rails and Geisa started the installation.
It was a great day!
[60%] Finished installations and prepare development environment
[50%] Update planning project
[x] More study in progress
July 08, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 8, 2016 04:07 UTC
- [x] Emma creat this blog using Jekyll and Github Pages: Team Perifericas' blog;
- [x] Created a logo and a profile image to update Perifericas's profile through the web;
- [x ] Welcome our new coaches Daniela Feitosa & Brena Monteiro both are co-organizers from Rails Girls community in Brazil;
- [x ] Talked with our new coaches and add them to our team page and Trello board;
- [x] We start an online about RSpec course today;
- [x] Create an event for the kickoff tomorrow and sent invites for our fellows in Bahia;
- [ ] More studies
- [ ] Prepare for the kickoff
- [ ] Meeting with our coach User_X from LampiãoSec
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 8, 2016 03:25 UTC
Today we started organizing our workspace. There's a really cool whiteboard for Kaban and agile activities.
We defined the issues to work on next days and sent the list for our mentors.
Our coach Aurium came to help us on the project. We gone through the night learning about Behaviour Driven Development and RSPec doing tests. It was really great!
- Readings about Ruby Style Guide
- Start an online course about RSpec
- Create our blog at Github Page with Jekyl <3
July 06, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 6, 2016 03:26 UTC
More readings, more documentations, more tests, more preys too.
We have an inspiring call with Ines, our supervisor. She was a 2015's RGSoC participant (and speaks portuguese .) so we get amazing tips to go through this first week.
More tests and errors and finally we made it: setting up, configurations and requirements ok.
We talk a lot through the day, Emma helped me with some issues like "why my profile isn't showing".
We discuss about creating a Twitter account for our team and create a blog with Jekyll, but didn't worked out.
Today we get in contact with another developers to become our coaches. We noticed some teams more than two and it's a better way out when we could not reach one or other coach. Ines cleared up some things about that for us and we sent some invites.
What about plannings for the kickoff at friday? We are in! Remotely, but let's celebrate too. We made a list of things for food, decoration. It's so great to being part of this :)
Tomorrow we are going to run more tests.
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 6, 2016 03:03 UTC
So we decided to reinstalling to new distros Linux.
I migrate from ElementaryOS to Korora (Fedora's remix) and Emma choose for Xubuntu.
So this monday was just setting up everything.
Meanwhile i was trying to setup a VM through VIrtual Box and Emma prefer to use Vagrant. We need to go through the requirements to start getting to know this techicle part of our project.
We have issues with updating Ruby, running Rails, PostgreSQL, so we finished all the work at 2am.
Our supervisor Ines is helping us do contact with our mentors and we chat a lot about all things with setting the enviroment.
Hope tomorrow we can resolve some requirements and dependencies.
July 02, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 2, 2016 13:54 UTC
Ow! What a great beginning.
What we did:
• Organized our work place.
• Setup our working environments and discovered some issues updating or configuring our machines.
• Cloned/forked Speakerinnen's repository.
• Created and shared Trello boards with our supervisor.
• Scheduled a call meeting with our supervisor, mentor and coaches for the next week.
• Had a meeting with our coach at our work place, discussed our plan for the first week, discussed about issues that are open and talked about our plans for the RGSoC.
• Some open issues on Speakerinnen' repo are on germany. We tried to translate with Google, but didn't help that much.
• Check all the discussions about Speakerinnen at the web.
• Updated our social media channels at Twitter and Teams App.
What we are planning for the weekend:
Geisa: i have to figured out what is happening. Can't update Ruby and resolve PostgreSQL' setting. Our coach User_X tried to help us, Emma tried too and i think the better is starting from zero. Installling a XFCE distro or go back to Fedora again. For the record: i use Elementary OS Freya. I've read all the forums trying to get some help.
Emma will figured out and finished the setting of the enviroment. She couldn't update Rails and setting up PostgreSQL too. She uses Fedora distro.
What we are planning for the next monday:
• Talk with our coaches, mentors and supervisor on monday or tuesday and discuss about the project;
• Talk with our mentors about the issues we have to focus on (and have a litlle help with translating some issus in germany);
• Vagrant settings and other requirements;