We worked on the moderator role and dive more deeply into Rails now. We created a new moderator role and make it accessible for certain methods. Here we had to learn that there is no possibility to chain before_filters which would have been helpful to filter if the current user is a moderators OR an admin. But we also learned that some restrictions to Rails are well-thought-out and probably our concept of creating the moderator role isn't as well-thought-out. We hope to have found a good concept - at least it works! Right now the moderator can see, destroy and mark reported comments as read.
We also tried to solve a problem with our map implementation. There seems to be a bug in Chrome (only in Maren's Chrome) which prevents the map to enlarge via click. Through debugging we found out that Maren's Chrome renders a div with a height of 76px instead of 75px which is our selection criteria. With the help of our coaches we learned that it might be a problem with the rounding rules of the browser. Humpf! It would be better to use another class instead of an exact value as a selection criteria.
Besides we saw Steve Klabnik's talk on "Rust for Rubyists" for lunch at blacklane.
You must be logged in to add a comment.