The M in MVC
- Learnt about databases: Active Record. Read about differences with Relational database (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relational_database).
- Migrations are awesome: no need to learn SQL data definition language (DDL)... although it seems fun to learn it.
- When a firewall doesn't allow you to 'git push', kill it with: 'ps', 'kill [id]'
- Try to download this beauty: http://sqlitebrowser.org/. Failed to due to this problem: https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/issues/385. Will start working on that issue with Dave Cottlehuber (again!) with this: https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/blob/master/BUILDING.md#building-an-app-bundle. [ISSUE -id2 --update later]
- Learnt about migrations and how to reverse them: http://edgeguides.rubyonrails.org/active_record_migrations.html
- Started using sandbox, found our first exception.
- Learnt about 'setup' method and 'valid?'
- Ran the first: 'bundle exec rake test:models'
- Worked on length validation of users and format validation.
- Have a meeting with Christoph and (yeah!) Elijah. :)
- Learnt about cryptic regex: http://www.rubular.com/.
- Learnt about uniqueness validations.
- Learnt about 'callback' method: http://api.rubyonrails.org/v4.2.2/classes/ActiveRecord/Callbacks.html
- Learnt how to add a secure password and minimum standars!! Loved hash functions and bcrypt! :)
Tasks for tomorrow: finish chapter 7; read more about bcrypt, salt (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_(cryptography)), dictionary attack (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictionary_attack), rainbow table (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_table); check in database: check in heroku; add test to email downcasting, work on [ISSUE -id3 --helper_test].
Just for clarifying a doubt: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/learnt-vs-learned
You must be logged in to add a comment.