The C in MVC
Today we had a long and busy day:
1. Learned about CamelCase and snakecase: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakecase, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase
2. Learned about StaticPages.
3. Learned about underscore: http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveSupport/Inflector.html#method-i-underscore, assertselect method, provide and yield.
4. Learned bout undoing things in Rails.
5. Learned about Rails shortcuts.
6. Read about GET.
7. Reviewed views.
8. Learned about tests, especially about TDD. Ran first test! (Red, Green, Refactor)
9. Checked HTTP status codes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ListofHTTPstatuscodes
10. Learned about UNIX touch command: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch(Unix)
11. Discovered "code smell": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_smell
12. Reviewed HTML and ERB.
13. Learned to prevent Cross site request forgery: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_request_forgery
14. Discovered minitest-reporters gem: https://github.com/kern/minitest-reporters; minibacktrace gem: https://github.com/metaskills/minibacktrace; Guard: https://github.com/guard/guard
15. Learned to add thing to .gitignore.
16. More UNIX commands: ps aux, grep, kill...
You must be logged in to add a comment.