Day 27 - Progress has been made!
- met with Bahmni mentor Ivo who is the most patient coach on the planet!
- discussed the date functionality again and this finally led to some breakthrough
- we were also talking to our local coaches and asking them about best practices - sometimes there are many possible solutions and it's hard to see what's right (e.g. question: in Reactjs is it better to bind functions or keep them as anonymous functions that are fired up onChange? answer: no definite preference. Just be consistent.)
- refactored our existing code, removed unnecessary items from react state, which makes our app clearer and more concise
- read a lot of momentjs documentation: we are now much clearer on formatting issues and calculating the difference between two dates
- reading up on ReactJS, watching tutorials on states vs props, react setState API
- going through our code, removing what's unnecessary (both in terms of react code and css)
- GirlsCode MK meetup tonight which will give us an opportunity to talk about our project and less experienced coders
- perform a npm build of our app and run it through Lighthouse audit (how are we doing in terms of accessibility and speed?)
- talk to coach Ivo (story 3 should be coming up!)
You must be logged in to add a comment.