Day 18: Deployment skills
- Today we had an awesome session with our coach. We went through deployment. It was fun learning how deployment across different servers is done. We also learnt advantages of each over the other. We specifically focused on Heroku and AWS.
- Heroku is easy to use as there is no much configuration required to deploy your app
- Unfortunately it is not so good if your app is rapidly growing. Also if you are using the free tier and you app is inactive for a while, the server sleeps and it has to be restarted.
- AWS is good for scaling apps though configuration is a bit demanding.
- We also learn how to use your own custom domain and how to use pipelining instead of deploying different apps, one for staging and the other for deploying.
- Solve issues related to gem devise update
You must be logged in to add a comment.