Day One (2nd July 2018) - Team Sectumsempra (Avneet and Rupal)
Forgot about the status updates till we saw the reminder email :P . Hence doing the needful two days later.
We had a great start to the first day with the kick off call by the organizers. Both of us are extremely excited and looking forward to an amazing summer with Chapel and RGSoc. Its a great feeling of pride.
Things we did
- Started off the week by planning how we would go about working together during the entire summer.
- Learned about basic markdown for status updates and creating readme.md files on GitHub.
- Started reading the Chapel documentation, for the project we are working on.
- Started learning the basics of parallel programming from coursera , which we think would help us during the course of the project. Link: Parallel Programming
- Scheduling a call with the supervisors and mentors to discuss exact goals and expectations of for the summer.
- Set up a task and a deadline for the first week, after we have a discussion with the supervisors and mentors.
- Learn Chapel proficiently as we proceed along the way.
Looking forward to a great summer,
You must be logged in to add a comment.