Day 7

July 11, 2017 15:41 UTC Team Code Bears (diaspora*) [2017]Subscribe to this teams's activities

Today we made some major progress in solving our first issue and getting into the github workflow. In particular, we
- read up on the ruby gem "configurate" as this gem relevant to our first issue
- went over the git workflow again, to make sure we understand it and that we can start working on our first issue properly
- decided to have one fork of the project on our organization repo on github, instead of having each one her own fork. So we forked the diaspora repository to our team github organisation (https://github.com/codebearsteam/diaspora) and set it as a remote origin.
- opened a branch for our first issue: https://github.com/codebearsteam/diaspora/tree/6559-ergonomy-suggestion
- pushed our preliminary solution to this feature branch
- spoke with our mentor about our ideas and questions on the solution and got some very useful hints from her
- We also updated our log for the coaches, which mainly helped to collect and organize all the materials we collected so far for learning: https://github.com/codebearsteam/daily-log/blob/master/20170711_week1_update.md.

For tomorrow we plan
- to open a pull request and ask our open questions on the issue in the community (on github or irc channel)
- continue working on the
- write some more tests related to the issue
- solve some small testing excercises on rspec and learn rspec syntax

Comments

You must be logged in to add a comment.