|Mentor||Aditya Chatterjee (AdiChat)|
|Suitable for Beginners?||yes|
|Tags||computer science algorithm data structure offline c c++ java python django|
|Applications (1st Choice)||0 (0 submitted | 0 in-progress)|
|Applications (2nd Choice)||0 (0 submitted | 0 in-progress)|
|Code of Conduct||https://discourse.opengenus.org/faq|
|License||GNU General Public License version 3.0 (GPL-3.0)|
Cosmos is a family of projects that are focused on enabling computer science knowledge accessible offline and in a more readily available format.
Over 1,000 contributors have contributed to our projects which includes:
- Cosmos: the data set of implementations of various computer science ideas in any language
- Quark: An offline search engine
- OpenGenus IQ : A readily available resource to understand computer science ideas
- Cosmos Search: A search engine for developers focused on reducing time spent on searching
- Falcon: A command line app giving access to computer science knowledge
and many others
For any questions, you should join our community at: discourse.opengenus.org
We are one of the most contributor friendly open source projects maintained by a group of maintainers.
You need not have any specific experience with any programming language, framework or idea to get started.
Having an interest to contribute to our projects is enough. We will guide you to get started with your contributions
Tasks And Features
Note that our mentors will guide you through the implementation details of the ideas and hence, you will be able to complete tasks easily.
Few major tasks include:
- Expand our dataset by working on new categories/ topics (as illustrated in our task lists).
- Improve Quark:
- Adding support for custom recommendations
- Better support for offline capability and prediction for automatic saving
- Improve Cosmos Search by:
- Adding support for general results
- Better support for customized suggestions
You must be logged in to comment on this project.
Mehnaz Yunus, Friday, May 10, 16:33 UTC
I would like to be a part of this project. Please guide me regarding where to start
Megha Varshney, Tuesday, May 7, 18:34 UTC
I found this project really interesting would like to contribute to the same.
jainshivani1996, Friday, April 26, 19:34 UTC
I would like to be a part of this project.
Laura RGSoC, Wednesday, April 24, 10:12 UTC
Hi Aditya, it's great to see Cosmos submitted again to our project list, and I'm happy to approve it! We'll share the final list next week with all the projects for our community — I'll be in touch soon, but don't hesitate to reach out (email@example.com) if you have any questions or need anything. ✨
pingo9o1, Friday, April 19, 08:43 UTC
hii i am harshit and i would like to contribute to your project . I am new to github just learning it ,but i am interested to work on this ,kindly guide me .