ActivitiesAtom Feed

Displaying activities 1 - 25 of 39 in total

September 26, 2017

  • Day 60

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at September 26, 2017 03:22 UTC

    What We Did

    • Reviewed Blog Post
    • Discussed Upcoming Conference/Potential Presentations

    Up Next

    • Finalize upcoming project
    • Determine plan UI/Technical changes, divide tasks according
    • Hone in on conference presentation details

September 23, 2017

September 20, 2017

  • Day 45

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at September 20, 2017 00:45 UTC

    What We Did

    • disable potter=harry requirement on code
    • show dropdown by default
    • communicated with Jeff about possible next projects

    Next Up

    • decide a project to pursue
    • discuss details with Jeff

September 12, 2017

September 08, 2017

  • Day 44

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at September 8, 2017 21:45 UTC

    What We Did

    • Rolled out drop-down menu (finally)
    • Discuss final steps of cleaning up code
    • Organized planning meeting with PL advisor

    Up Next

    • Clean-up code and prepare for next project

  • Day 43

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at September 8, 2017 00:08 UTC

    What We Did

    • our dropdown feature was merged in, woo!
    • communicated with Jeff about next steps
    • cleaned up code to prepare for adding the new tags

    Next Up

    • decide meeting time with Jeff
    • work on adding in the rest of the powertags based on what's decided during the meeting

September 06, 2017

  • Day 42

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at September 6, 2017 20:07 UTC

    What We Did

    • fixed errors with pushing code....but then somehow all of the new code disappeared TT_TT
    • rewrote code for powertag input prompt
    • pushed code to new PR (successfully finally ><)

    Next Up

    • discuss next steps with Jeff, including organization of remaining powertags

  • Day 41

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at September 6, 2017 04:18 UTC

    ( This is actually for yesterday, 05 September )

    What We Did

    • made adjustments to code and dropdown design based on Jeff's suggestions
    • began the process of pushing the new code, but we ran into some errors....

    Next Up

    • resolve errors and push updated code to PR
    • discuss next steps with Jeff

August 31, 2017

  • Day 40

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 31, 2017 18:09 UTC

    What We Did

    • changed wording for style powertag popup
    • fixed error on with:username powertag
    • realized that .includes() won't work well for us in this case
      • researched other options and chose to use a switch statement instead
      • wrote the new switch statement code
    • added progress to github issue to discuss with Jeff

    Next Up

    • discuss powertag organization with Jeff
    • add remaining powertags to dropdown and write their cases

August 26, 2017

  • Day 37-39

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 26, 2017 18:20 UTC

    What We Did

    • added prompt functionality into code
    • debugging for with:username powertag
    • moved dropdown to right side of input field
    • adjusted bootstrap styling
    • added link to powertag documentation
    • opened new github issue for this part of the project

    Next Up

    • discuss errors and code changes with Jeff
    • once everything is fixed, push code

August 23, 2017

  • Day 36

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 23, 2017 03:43 UTC

    What We Did

    • meeting with Nada
    • discussed and submitted conference preferences
    • worked on adjusting powertag UI to utilize the javascript .prompt() function

    Next Up

    • finish .prompt() issue
    • discuss next steps with Jeff

August 22, 2017

  • Day 35

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 22, 2017 02:15 UTC

    What We Did

    • adjusted tagging-interface input-field to work with with:username and style:fancy powertags
    • downloaded screenshare on all devices in preparation for the upcoming academic year (when Shelby & I will often be forced to work remotely)
    • presented initial planning stage of powertag UI change to mentor (waiting on response)

    Up Next

    • schedule meeting with Jeff to discuss UI of powertags-- finalize action item list for final project
    • search for more design technology conferences in the DC area
    • Skype with Nada-- inform her about the conferences we are interested in

August 18, 2017

  • Day 34

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 18, 2017 03:01 UTC

    What We Did

    • worked on linking new input to powertag
    • brainstormed ideas for easier-to-use powertag UI solutions for discussion with Jeff

    Next Up

    • finish input issues to allow functional powertags to be added
    • set up meeting time with Jeff to talk about better UI solutions

August 17, 2017

  • Day 32/33

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 17, 2017 00:56 UTC

    What We Did

    • Met with Katie, our coach, to troubleshoot issues with the dropdown menu
    • fixed hide/show functionality
    • Separated PL's powertags into categories (to be discussed with our mentor regarding the UI of the website)

    What's Up Next

    • Meet with Jeff and discuss ideas regarding tags
    • Call the add tag function and finalize changes

August 15, 2017

  • Day 30/31

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 15, 2017 01:52 UTC

    What We Did

    • Troubleshooted onClick="addTag"('style:fancy')"
    • Researched how above onClick function will interact with javascript prompt() function
    • Troubleshooted issue with terminal on Lilly's computer-- can once again run the PL Locally

    Up Next

    • Skype with Nada
    • Make plan for upcoming weeks when school begins
    • Close issue

August 10, 2017

  • Day 29

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 10, 2017 23:55 UTC

    What We Did

    • Troubleshooted Issues involved with the .change() function associated with looking up power tags on the website
    • Reached out to coach identify differences based on element types using Bootstrap

    Up Next

    • Solve .change() and merge changes
    • Begin Project 2

August 09, 2017

  • Day 28

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 9, 2017 19:16 UTC

    What We Did

    • met with coach Katie to discuss how to proceed with powertag UI/accepting inputs
    • added another input to powertag UI
    • started working on javascrip hide/show functionality

    Next Up

    • continue to work on hide/show functionality
    • connect user input to powertag

  • Day 27

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 9, 2017 02:57 UTC

    What we did

    • Skype call with mentors and coaches highlighting the successes and failures of the last month
    • Discussed an outline for a UI design change involving PL's UI tags, one that would potentially be more inclusive to the greater PL community
    • Wrote and submitted our first blog post

    Next Up

    • Create a plan involving the upcoming UI change (powertag issue)
    • Host interviews with potential users regarding the current UI of PL's powertags
    • Close the current planning issues opened by our mentor, Jeff Warren

August 07, 2017

  • Day 26

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 7, 2017 15:51 UTC

    What we did

    • Fixed the inline styling for dropdown menu for powertags using Bootstrap
    • Sent out reminder email regarding the group Skype call happening tomorrow
    • Reviewed PL powertag system and developed a list of questions regarding how the powertags are being utilized by PL users so we can design the dropdown's UI around that

    Next Up

    • Group Skype call tomorrow at 2pm
    • Put together a basic list of all PL's powertags to input into the dropdown menu
    • Once list has been applied, we need to write javascript prompt() that prompts users to input ID associated with chosen powertag
    • Write blogpost to be submitted on Aug 9

August 04, 2017

  • Day 25

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 4, 2017 16:36 UTC

    What We Did

    • Reviewed Project 2, use prompt() to create a custom powertag
    • Briefly looked up W3 school tutorial on javascript prompt()
    • Reached out to mentor to clear up any confusion regarding the UI of the powertags
    • First powertag issue was merged and closed, woo!

    Next Up

    • Finalize date/time for the monthly group call
    • Work on prompt() addition

August 03, 2017

  • Day 23

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 3, 2017 00:53 UTC

    What We Did

    • met with Katie and discussed routes and controllers in Rails

    Next Up

    • set up doodle poll for monthly group call
    • figure out the placement of _tagging.html.erb (Which existing route should we define? Does the route exist already?)

August 01, 2017

  • Day 22

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 1, 2017 20:20 UTC

    What We Did

    • Met with Liz from Public Lab! It was awesome to finally meet someone in person and see what the company is all about.
    • Added example Bootstrap dropdown in a new file
      • Figured out how to create and edit on a feature branch
    • Opened a PR for our partial solution
    • Learned syntax for .erb files
    • Went over a Planning Issue for this upcoming week with Jeff

    Next Up

    • Make _advanced_tagging.html.erb into partial HTML file, call it from _tagging.html.erb
    • Hide dropdown using parameters
    • Add clickable style:fancy powertag

  • Day 21

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at August 1, 2017 02:41 UTC

    What we did today:
    -Skyped with Nada, out supervisor
    -Realized a simple HTML/Bootstrap solution is all that is needed for tags WOW

    What we are doing tomorrow:
    -Visiting PublicLab office space in Brooklyn
    -Skyping Jeff, our mentor
    -Submitting tag solution

July 29, 2017

  • Day 20

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) [2017] — at July 29, 2017 01:21 UTC

    What We Did

    • continued Ruby tutorial
    • discussed new direction with Jeff
    • planned meeting with Jeff for next week

    Next Up

    • meet with Jeff on Tuesday
    • we think we actually now have an actionable plan for contributing our code, so start that!