Displaying activities 1 - 25 of 65 in total
September 29, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 29, 2017 20:38 UTC
Today Xheni was feeling a bit better, so we met each other and discussed about our RGSoC scholarship, things we have learned and our future goals.
Of course that both of us will continue contributing to Nextcloud and be part of the community. :)
On Wednesday, we have the last meeting call with our supervisor, mentor and coaches and then we will celebrate the end of the RGSoC with other girls at Open Labs Hackerspace, which means this is not our last Status Update.
September 28, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 28, 2017 21:39 UTC
- Even today we worked remotely
- Still working on the issues that we need to finish
- Planning our "End of RGSoC" event at Open Labs, that will happen next week on Wednesday
- Attended Debian Meetup at Open Labs, where our friend Daniel Pocock showed about different opportunities for women in open source projects
September 27, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 27, 2017 21:36 UTC
- Even today we worked remotely because Xheni is still sick :/
- We had our weekly call with our supervisor and coaches
- We are still working on the issues to fix them, we hope to finish them within this week
- We are finalizing the details about our last event as RGSoC students, probably we will do it next week on Wednesday at Open Labs Hackerspace
September 26, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 26, 2017 20:53 UTC
- We pushed a small change to our PR and finally our second blog post is published
- We worked remotely today
- Xheni was very sick today and she was unable to work. Hope she gets better soon :(
- Jona is still trying to fix the sort option issue :(
September 25, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 25, 2017 21:16 UTC
It is so sad that it's the last week of RGSoC :/
- We started working at 11 am
- Xheni continued working on the favorite feature and fixing a bug which was induced by her previous PR
- Jona has been "playing" with Docker and installed Nextcloud there because she is trying to find new ways to install Nexcloud on Fedora, meanwhile she is working on the sort option issue
- Since FWD in Tirana was a great success Jona is planning another FWD in Prishtina, Kosovo where she will talk about RGSoC scholarship too
- Read some technical articles
- Made the requested changes to our PR. Our blog post is scheduled to be published tomorrow
September 24, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 24, 2017 13:51 UTC
Yesterday, (23.09.2017) we celebrated "Fedora Women Day" at Open Labs Hackerspace!
Fedora Women Day (FWD) is a day of celebration dedicated to the female contributors of the Fedora Project. During this day of celebration, we gathered to present the accomplishments of the women that are part of the Fedora Project and thank them. FWD is a great chance to promote the participation of more women, bring together contributors and raise awareness about the gender gap in tech communities.
During the event, we mentioned two great opportunities that exist for women to contribute to open source software such us Outreachy and Rails Girls Summer of Code. We (Jona and Xheni) shared our experience with other girls and encouraged them to be part of the next round of RGSoC.
September 22, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 22, 2017 21:01 UTC
- started working at 11 am
- two PRs got merged :D (adjust the space between avatar and name in the contacts list #357 and social network and IM fields #356)
- we did an overview of the issues we are working on to see how much progress we have for each of them and where we need to focus for the next week
- we discussed related to the talk we will have tomorrow during "Fedora Women Day" at Open Labs
- we reviewed some PR
- continued our work on the issues we are currently working on
September 21, 2017
September 20, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 20, 2017 21:23 UTC
- Started working at 11 am
- We had our weekly call with our supervisor where we explained what we have been doing the previous week and what are our plans until the last days of the scholarship. Very sad that it's the end now :/
- We finished our article and it's ready to be published
- Continued working on the issues that we have set as our goal to be finished until the next week
September 19, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 19, 2017 20:57 UTC
- Started working at 11 am
- We had some problems with our internet connection that's why we couldn't join the RGSoC remotely video call :/
- We set a goal for our team to finish until the end of this month, Jona will work on the issue #270, #56 and #106 and Xheni will work on the favorite contacts feature.
- Xheni opened a new issue.
- We are finishing our last article sharing our RGSoC journey, tomorrow we will open a PR about it
September 18, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 18, 2017 20:24 UTC
- Started working at 10 am
- Working on the last article we will publish for Codeaholics, sharing all the RGSoC scholarship journey
- Continued working on the sort option issue
- We dealt with a npm error and the problem was that the npm compilation failed in the middle.
- Don't forget to watch our lightning talk we had at the Nextcloud Conference
September 15, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 15, 2017 16:19 UTC
- Started working at 09:00 AM
- Continued working on the favorite contacts option.
- Xheni thought that she broke the code because the ContactList was not loading anymore, then did a git reset —hard HEAD :( , but it was actually a bad commit pushed to master.
- Learned a new git command which is git bisect. (good and bad) to find out the bad commit pushed to master.
- Reviewed two PRs.
September 14, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 14, 2017 20:55 UTC
- After a discussion with our mentor we agreed on putting the star icon in the contact list overlaying the avatar on the top right and in the detail view next to the download and delete icons.
- Reviewed a PR and also checking mergable PRs for the 2.0 release.
- Read some technical articles.
September 13, 2017
September 12, 2017
September 11, 2017
September 08, 2017
September 07, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 7, 2017 21:19 UTC
What we have done:
September 06, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 6, 2017 21:34 UTC
Today we had our weekly call with our supervisor and went pretty good.
We had some feedback even from our coaches and mentor regarding the work we have now.
We picked an advanced issue to work on and we will discuss about it with our coaches.
September 05, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 5, 2017 18:34 UTC
Today we dedicated this day to write our event report for Nextcloud Conference in order to share our experience with other people and share the whole experience. Also, we started thinking about the last article that we will write for RGSoC scholarship, to motivate other people while reading it and share the whole trip that we started on 1st of July. At the same time, we are finishing our last exams that we have on September, wish us good luck 🍀🍀🍀
PS: We forgot to mention the workshop that we attended at Open Labs Hackerspace about "Deep Learning in Python". This workshop had a lot of interests and a lot of people came, it was really useful and interesting!
September 04, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 4, 2017 20:34 UTC
Yaaay, my teammate Jona finally came back from the US and we spend some time to talk together about her experience at "Flock to Fedora" conference. Also, we did a quick overview of the work that both us did the last week that we were not together in order to be on the same page. After discussing this we got some feedback from each other related to the issues that we are working and tomorrow we will implement it to see if it works, yaaay that's the team spirit! :)
August 31, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at August 31, 2017 21:18 UTC
One of our coaches merged our PR very fast :D.
What we did
- Continued with Pair Programming and we also had a video call.
- Working on other issues,
- Jona had two workshops about diversity and ambassadors.
- Xheni learned the cherry-pick command and how useful it is sometimes. :D
August 30, 2017
August 29, 2017
August 28, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at August 28, 2017 21:53 UTC
On the weekend, there were some lightning talks and workshops where we also shared our experience as RGSoC students with them (a lot of applauses in the end, yaaay)! It was a wonderful week meeting the Nextcloud community, now Xheni is back in Tirana while Jona is traveling to Boston to attend Flock to Fedora conference. We will work remotely this week, the hard part this time will the problem with timezones.