ActivitiesAtom Feed

Displaying activities 151 - 175 of 4301 in total

September 11, 2018

  • Day - 53

    Team 101 Days of Summer (Servo) [2018] — at September 11, 2018 16:59 UTC

    Intermittent test failures again prevented our PR from getting merged :(
    I (Paavini) filed a big in Servo for the same. PR-1 is in the process of getting merged.
    I will rebase the second PR and then we can merge that one two. (I am assuming we'll get a large number of merge conflicts though :P)
    We need to put up a PR for relevant mutations. But I will put it after PR-1 gets merged.
    Next we need to work on a failing test due Unicode in parse_srcset function and start writing our blog. Resolving tests is too time consuming and we are getting better at it :P

  • Day 50: Red hot Curry Popcorn

    Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) [2018] — at September 11, 2018 16:00 UTC

    Today's Progress:
    - We sat together and merged our work on the blog post and put it into mark down format ready for submission.
    - Jessica looked at the datetime branch, specifically looking for a solution for displaying the datepicker result. She also created a branch for issue #604 (Avatars in list).
    - Arati started fixing the changes requested for her latest PR.

    It was fun to go through our personal highlights and reminisce about the summer so far ^^

  • Day 67

    DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) [2018] — at September 11, 2018 08:24 UTC


    • Couldn't attend meeting so working from home all day long
    • Trying to learn about wrapper so I can understand better the gulp plugin
    • Refactoring command line
    • Finished blogpost and pushed it


    • Worked from 9-12 today.
    • Write a blog post for RgSoc.
    • Meeting with V seemed to be "cancelled.", so no pair coding.
    • Set up general outline for medium post.

September 10, 2018

  • Day Forty Eight(9th September 2018) - Forty Nine (10th September 2018)

    Team Sectumsempra (Chapel Parallel Programming Language) [2018] — at September 10, 2018 20:44 UTC

    Here's what we did today:
    - Avneet: Tried to figure out ways in which radix sort could be made distributed and experimented a little with Chapel's multi locale mode by setting it up locally. Also read about Distributions in chapel.
    - Rupal: Resolving few installation issues, fixing the code and finally updating the PR on LSB.
    Now our task of working on distributed sorting has been merged and we would be working on the same task from now onwards, since Rupal's PR is now finally updated.

    Team Sectumsempra

  • Day 49

    Team Akaringular (EBWiki) [2018] — at September 10, 2018 19:33 UTC

    About the weekend
    -We had our usual biweekly Ruby on Rails meet up. During the meet up we went through chapter 5 of Michael Hartl's book, which involved filling out the layout. This was basically dealing with views and partials.
    - We helped Dan with one of the issues which was how to return the correct status for successful request.
    - Based on the reviews given by our mentor, We looked at assertrouting, assertrecognizes and assert_gererates. and completed pr on setting instance variables
    - Read on difference between public, private, protected and singleton method.
    - Started storming on the content for second blog

  • Day 49

    Team Barcelona Duo (Exercism) [2018] — at September 10, 2018 19:16 UTC

    The last three weeks

    After our daily stand up we had a meeting with Ana Sophia, our RGSoC supervisor who will be covering for Sophia while she is on vacation. Our experience with RGSoC has been incredible, and we are very proud of the progress that we have made in the last two months. One of the most important things that we learned this summer is that communication between all stakeholders is important. While speaking to Ana Sophia we realized that we need to have a meeting with all of our mentors, coaches, and supervisor to make sure that we are all on the same page, and that we make a plan for our remaining three weeks. We hope to schedule a call with everyone this week.

    We then reviewed the changes that Lori made last week to issue #28 . We wanted to make sure that Amalia understood how a controller within a namespace was generated. While reviewing the issue we realized that the build for our PR failed and that we needed to fix the test in the test/controllers/admin/mentors_controller_test.rb file. We fixed the test, and resubmitted the PR.

    For this week's sprint, we will be working on issue #29 and issue #30. One important thing that we learned from our coach Maikha is that we need to break each issue down into small components and we need to include each step in our trello board. This is a great way to figure out the things we do not know, and it is also a good way for our mentors, coaches, and supervisors to see the progress we are making on each issue. We updated the trello board with the steps we think we will need to take in order to solve issue #29 and spent the afternoon trying to render data in the view we created. At some point we got stuck. We hope to have a session on Wednesday with one of our coaches so that we can get some guidance. Overall it was a great day.

    Tuesday September 11 is a holiday in Catalonia.

  • Day 51

    Team $we init (Probot: build your own GitHub app(s)) [2018] — at September 10, 2018 18:44 UTC


    • Until now our bot was working locally, i.e., it had to be run from the terminal to see it work
    • We deployed it on glitch today! Now the repositories it has been installed on can make full use of it! Yay!
    • We communicated with our mentor about this development and also gave a few more challenging alternatives (like disabling of submit button) to the way the bot responds currently (by commenting).


    • Blog
    • Documentation
    • Increasing test coverage

  • Day 50

    Team Rubies (if me - mental health communication app) [2018] — at September 10, 2018 18:15 UTC

    Tasks completed today

    • List of 'Banned Users' displayed in Admin Dashboard. Admin can 'remove ban' for users from the dashboard itself.
    • Worked on the Report Feature reviews.
    • Worked on the Code of Conduct PR reviews.


    • Start writing the blog post.
    • Continue working tests.

  • Day 50 - COMMUNITIES - Conferences, giving technical talks, blog post

    Team GirlsCode MK (Bahmni) [2018] — at September 10, 2018 17:51 UTC


    Eva is on holiday in Slovenia however I still see the occasional post in the girls code community.

    We have been offered tickets through RGSoC for I now need to search flights, hotel as its not long till oct 5th! Unfortunately Eva won't be able to make this one. But I am hoping to tweet, blog post and share as much of the experience as possible online. Excited! :) . I am also out of my comfort zone but going to apply to do a first time talk and share my experience of React with the Bahmni project.

    I have also won another conference ticket through a diversity raffle in London. . This is looking at .net technologies. This is again out of my comfort zone. I have not done a lot on .net but I am very interested in Kubernetics, docker, and this is related to our Bahmni project which is building an app with data being stored and retrieved. It also has some soft talks on Turning Passion into Experience, and Career Advice For Programmers.

    I have been working through the React course with codewithmosh and looking at displaying data from fetch API into a table whilst waiting on an update from designer as to how they want it to look.

    The OPEN MRS community is amazing. As part of our story we need to filter persons so that it doesn't show users, providers etc . I haven't posted into a developer community network before and I was a bit worried I wouldn't be understood or make clear my problem. However the replies I have got from several users has helped me and our mentor move on with the development of our app. Open source have such great knowledge and experience to share. I will using this resource more for learning too from previous posts.


    Creating a table in our app with data from REST API response.

    Working on the next blog post that is due on 17 Sept. Is this really our last blog with RGSoC it seems like yesterday when we were taking photos and working on our first blog post.

    TO DO

    Meet with Ivo our Bahmni mentor tomorrow.

    Look at the design of the table and functionality of filtering just one record to later use CRUD - Create, Read, Update and delete.

  • DAY 49: Blue expressive Pineapple Popcorn

    Team Popcorn (Nextcloud) [2018] — at September 10, 2018 15:57 UTC

    Today's Progress:
    - Jessica worked on moving the renaming input to the popover menu #622 and checks for readonly addressbooks #623.
    - Arati continued on her part of the blog post and started on a second code review!
    - We had our weekly agile meeting with coach Camila

    It's exciting and nerve racking to think we only have 3 weeks left after this one! 0.o Time has flown by and looking back while we write our blog posts we have achieved so much with the help and support of our coaches, supervisor and App Mantainer ❤️

  • Day-52

    Team 101 Days of Summer (Servo) [2018] — at September 10, 2018 13:54 UTC

    We have implemented most of the relevant mutations today :)
    but now again some tests are failing and timing out due to those changes instead of new tests passing. :/
    A lot of debugging on our way today.
    We plan to resolve those timeouts as soon as possible.

  • Day 66

    DV Team (LivingStyleGuide) [2018] — at September 10, 2018 05:58 UTC


    • Working on blogposts
    • Working on gulp plugin
    • Working on documentation


    Schedule meeting with new supervisor in Trello.
    write blogpost RgSoc.
    Write blogpost Medium.
    Finish issue #3.

September 09, 2018

  • Day 43 (Sept 6, 2018)

    Team DelSquared [2018] — at September 9, 2018 04:36 UTC

    Hi All!

    Today we had a meeting with our supervisor Bhumika, coaches Brihi, Shravika, Ambar and Siddharth and mentor Nick in which we discussed about the experience in RGSoC and work done. We also had a meeting with Nick to discuss the weekly progress and tasks for the upcoming week. We were also facing problem in understanding how to use moddable API which we clarified with him.

    Till we meet again,

  • Day #54

    Team Brazilian housewives coding (Public Lab) [2018] — at September 9, 2018 00:09 UTC

    Today we tested the work that we have been doing on the for the /search page. When our PR gets merged, we will add an option that page so that the users can test which search mode it's better as the default.

    At the same time, we are working on the front end, the page is almost ready. We hope we can get all of these work merged.


September 08, 2018

  • Day-51

    Team 101 Days of Summer (Servo) [2018] — at September 8, 2018 13:50 UTC

    Yesterday night we received the tickets to OSS EU!!! <3 We couldn't be happier!! It's already so exciting.
    Today -

    We worked on relevant mutations and we will send a PR by tomorrow.
    We created sample tests to be tested on all the different browsers for the failing test cases related to responsive images in Servo.
    These tests are going to be run for testing on different browsers so that it can be verified if the algorithm is flawed.
    We are planning to start writing a blog for our RGSoC journey so far <3

  • 🥔🥕🌽🌶🥒🥦🥑🍆🍅potatoCode work day

    Team potatoCode (stretchly - break time reminder app) [2018] — at September 8, 2018 09:01 UTC

    Database headaches!!!

    We've been working on integrating an sqlite database into Stretchly to start collecting some stats about user breaks and activity, but it's been an uphill battle! We're taking it easy though, and slowly getting through one step at a time.

    The PR with the wallpapers is also coming along slowly. We're wrapping up fairly soon already, so we're just hoping to finish the three big open PRs we have by the end of this month. We're really happy with the progress we've made so far and think that if we can get the open stuff merged by the end of September it will have been an amazing accomplishment :D Onwards!

  • Day #53

    Team Brazilian housewives coding (Public Lab) [2018] — at September 8, 2018 04:46 UTC

    Today we had a busy morning with 2 meetings! We had our weekly meeting with Mayar and we also talked to our mentor Jeff. Talking to him was really useful to clarify some of our questions about the \Search view and now we feel that we are on the right track!

    At night, we worked on the search controller/views and fixed a possible SQL injection in our PR.


September 07, 2018

  • Day 48

    Team Akaringular (EBWiki) [2018] — at September 7, 2018 20:55 UTC

    We went through feature spec tutorial. we were able to update the feature specs when user updates case title then the case is searched using the old title.
    - We also looked at how slug work and how it should be updated when case attributes are updated
    - Did a some refactoring, on removing conditional functionality that checks if the case overview is present
    - Planned on weekend meet-up where we will be doing Ruby elements essentials to Rails and Open Source Summit that is coming up next month.