Displaying activities 76 - 100 of 3530 in total
September 23, 2017
September 22, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 22, 2017 21:01 UTC
- started working at 11 am
- two PRs got merged :D (adjust the space between avatar and name in the contacts list #357 and social network and IM fields #356)
- we did an overview of the issues we are working on to see how much progress we have for each of them and where we need to focus for the next week
- we discussed related to the talk we will have tomorrow during "Fedora Women Day" at Open Labs
- we reviewed some PR
- continued our work on the issues we are currently working on
Team Fusion (OpenDF)  — at September 22, 2017 18:30 UTC
Another week gone. And we are going to say hi to our last RGSoC week soon (coming monday).. 😅 So this week was a busier week and today was a busier friday.. So here's the log for today..
Things we did today:
- Tested the column filter (hide/show) functionality of the detail view. ✅There we could fix the error we got when the file details are populated in the table.
- Went through the React router API , since we have to use React Router Redux with our app. ✅
- Worked on the filter functionality of the search bar. ✅ Now it can filter files when a search query with more than one search fields is given. 🔍✔
- Had a little chat with our mentor about the progress. ✅
Things to do during weekend:
- Finalize the search bar functionalities.
- Have coaching and code reviewing sessions with coach Kasun, Tharindu and Imran.
- Send a PR for the SearchView component.
Team Bundledore (AFDC League Management System)  — at September 22, 2017 18:28 UTC
Done writing our blog post and Anagha tried cloning the Github repo (summer-of-code) but suprisingly, it stops at 26%. This happened for me(Amrita) too, during the first blog post but we thought it was due to weak internet connection. The last time after a lot of trial and error we finally cloned the repo and pushed the blog post in. Anyone else faced such issues ?
The weird part is that, the download always stops at 26%, be it my laptop or Anagha's.
Still waiting for the last PR(#135) to be reviewed also, and the PR for our responsive pages issue needs to include the changes for Bootstrap 3. I (Amrita), am working on that currently. Anagha is looking over the attendance issue currently.
We have a session for our juniors tomorrow which involves introduction to open source. Wish us luck !
Team 276linesofCode (Tessel)  — at September 22, 2017 18:08 UTC
Today we had a weekly call with our mentor Kelsey. We discussed the issues we had been facing the past few days. So, in order to help us she suggested that all three of us sit together and try going through the problematic code line by line. We even asked her if we could write a final blog post for "This week in Tessel", which she approved. Thanks a lot Vaishali for this suggestion. Kelsey, even told us that one of the Tessel Committee members, Tim, would like to conduct a workshop to update all of us about the progress so far in Tessel Reach module.
Till then, Adios.
Team Code_Hoppers (OpenFarm)  — at September 22, 2017 16:00 UTC
Today we did more learning on coveralls. We reached out to our supervisor and opened up a documentation repository. We will be looking at this as it is a long-term exercise to ensure that all tests are centralized. We hope to classify the tests, come up with a way to automate them and work on them in the coming weeks.
Tomorrow we hope to have a call with our supervisor for a catch up call.
Team 200 OK (coala)  — at September 22, 2017 14:32 UTC
Our university exams ended today, hooray!
We'll be implementing the changes in our tests as suggested by our coach yesterday, tonight. Our final blog post is due tomorrow and we're really excited about it.
Team Pivotal London (Babel)  — at September 22, 2017 09:46 UTC
We've been SO busy preparing for our presentation. The time is flying by, and we've got so many things we need to sort out. The presentation went from being a run time of about 12 minutes (too short), to 19 (perfect) to now over 35 minutes!! We're going to hopefully be in a really good place this time next week (when we present) and we're actually excited to present about our summer. Our blog post gets published this weekend, so we hope you all enjoy it :) ♥️ ❤️ 💕
Team 276linesofCode (Tessel)  — at September 22, 2017 03:36 UTC
Yesterday, we finally got our conference tickets!! We're going to Paris next year !
In the brief time that we had in midst of our preparations for our exams, we tried working on the 3G Dongle issue as well, however our Tessel isn't getting connected to the internet as well. We'd look into the issue as soon as our exams end this Sunday.
Till then, Adios.
Team Fusion (OpenDF)  — at September 22, 2017 01:09 UTC
Today we had a quick discussion with our coach Imran. He checked our codes and showed us how we can improve. We will have a coaching session with him next week. 😊
Things we did today:
- Send a PR contains new changes. ✅
- As Coach Imran showed us, we had some problems in Detail view. So did some changes to it. ✅
- Worked on our repositories in the hacktitude competition. ✅
Things to do tomorrow:
- Test on new changes of the Detail view.
- Continue to work on the Redux part of the app.
September 21, 2017
Team NK42 (Foodsaving and Foodsharing)  — at September 21, 2017 21:38 UTC
Today we tried to write the test for filtering of a store. It did not work so well but we went step by step and figured out some logic behind our test.... then we worked on our funny slides about what we have done during our rails girls Summer of Code. It was fun and we are going to practice it tomorrow and then present that at Mozilla between 6 and 9 pm at Mozilla office. You are all invited to come over and be entertained tomorrow!!!! :)
Team ImpactDevs (WorldBrain - Verifying the Internet with Science)  — at September 21, 2017 16:17 UTC
Tutorial nearly finished!
Working on React Router for authorisation
Tomorrow we will talk testing with Luca!
Team Code_Hoppers (OpenFarm)  — at September 21, 2017 14:44 UTC
Today was a challenge. We intended to finish the pending rspec error on Travis, but we still have not closed on it, the following were the things we had planned to do and the plans we have for tomorrow:
What we managed to do today:
- Close pending rspec error - it was a challenge to close on this, Action Plan: we have reached out to our coach William for assistance.
- Learn more about coveralls integration - more research - done
- Proceed with the documentation of tests - not complete - wip
The learning curve is something we have come to enjoy along the way:-) We are looking to work towards the pending issues, as well as liase more with our coaches.
Team berlin diamonds (Discourse)  — at September 21, 2017 14:38 UTC
- added the token to our downloadersController, so only the actual user can download the protected backups and also can only do that once
- added an error-template
- started creating a button for the index to appear in the backups view
- practiced the presentation
Team Pivotal London (Babel)  — at September 21, 2017 08:33 UTC
We attended the Weave Cloud day conference at Google. The day was incredibly interesting and fast paced; it covered topics such as Introduction to Microservices Orchestration & Monitoring, Introduction to Cloud Native, Introduction to Microservices, Orchestrating Microservices with Kubernetes, Monitoring Microservices with Prometheus, Prometheus Philosophy & Concepts. Prometheus Architecture, Microservices Best Practices, Challenges of Microservices, Architecting for Microservices, Cloud Native Architecture and Why it is important, How to build a CI/CD Pipeline when using Kubernetes and PromQL Deep Dive - The Prometheus Query Language. It was a strongly hands-on day; it was very interesting, and we learnt an awful lot about containers and systems infrastructures. We'd recommend attending one!!
Team Clojurians (re-frame)  — at September 21, 2017 05:24 UTC
In the morning we met with our coach Jack and worked on the app state viewer and sample re-frame projects. We also talked about the important of life balance (:
Later we spent some time working more on our data viewer to recurse as whole objects rather than piecewise, which is important for future features we are building on top of it.
September 20, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud)  — at September 20, 2017 21:23 UTC
- Started working at 11 am
- We had our weekly call with our supervisor where we explained what we have been doing the previous week and what are our plans until the last days of the scholarship. Very sad that it's the end now :/
- We finished our article and it's ready to be published
- Continued working on the issues that we have set as our goal to be finished until the next week
Team Fusion (OpenDF)  — at September 20, 2017 20:02 UTC
Yesterday one of our team member was bit sick. So we had to work remotely. But now she is fine and she came to the workplace. 😊 Today we checked each others works. Then we discussed the issues in there and did some changes.
Things we did today:
- We had our coaching session with coach Kasun, Since we missed it yesterday. ✅
- Continued to work on the Redux part of the app. ✅
- Tested the changes in Detail View. ✅ Now we have to add the Tabs.
Things to do tomorrow:
- Send a PR which contains new changes.
- Have a chat with our coach Imaran and get some advices to improve the file browser.
Team Serv0101 (Servo)  — at September 20, 2017 18:26 UTC
Weekend spend well in JSFoo 2017 conf.
We would like to thank RGSoC team for giving us a free ticket to JSFoo.
JSFoo was in Bangalore, India so it was convenient for us to travel.
Things we did in JSFoo:
* Learned what is WebVR.
A-framecreated basics hello world VR.
* Aframe is a web framework for building virtual reality experiences. To learn more about it go to the official website https://aframe.io/
* Meet many developers and speakers.
* Discussed our work in servo and encouraged other girls to contribute in open source.