Displaying activities 76 - 100 of 3809 in total
September 25, 2017
Team berlin diamonds (Discourse) — at September 25, 2017 14:37 UTC
- merged the googledrive dev into master in order to add the download to our plugin
- updated the fork of the core app
- added a branch (button) to the core app
- updated the bundler version and installed missing gems
- changed the
skip_before_actionbecause it was raising an
no method error
- tried to display the downloader button in backups#index
- had problems with the route in ember
- talked to our mentor about the issue
- tried around a few versions with a yml file and a nav-item and nothing was really properly rendered
- installed the ember inspector and found our about how the route has correctly to be named
- changed the container around the ember to a
- updated the discourse fork and merged the last updates into my button branch
- made a PR to the core app
- added a nameTag field to the button
- merged the branches into the googledrive master
Team Clojurians (re-frame) — at September 25, 2017 11:04 UTC
- Met with our coach Matt
- Discussed design challenges
- Talked through using clj-devtools as a library and how custom formatters work in the browser
- Worked on strategies for formatting the formatted code in a more hierarchical way, displayed more vertically than horizontally
- Practiced our talk
- Presented our Summer of Code project at Mozilla!!
- Met with our coach Matt
Team NK42 (Foodsaving and Foodsharing) — at September 25, 2017 10:00 UTC
Daily log for friday (bit delayed)
In the morning we fixed the tests for filtering feedback and pushed it. It get’s merged into master! \o/
In the afternoon we prepared the talk we gave Friday evening. We talked about foodsaving.world, the Feedback issue, what we have learned and what we struggled with, our successes and about all the great people helping us on that path. We also prepared a little quiz about django REST, what was quite fun.
Team IfPairElseUnknown (if me - mental health communication app) — at September 25, 2017 07:55 UTC
25th September 2017
Things we did:
- Attended AlterConference on the weekend and listened to a range of talks
- Added styling to the Secret Share Button on issue [#455] Secret Moment
- Added Date Expiry on issue [#455] Secret Moment
- Session with Tim
- Session with Simon
- Session with Erica on Product Management
- Worked on final presentation
- Celebrated Sophie's birthday
Things we learnt:
- Learnt about Product Management
- Learnt about CSS
- Learnt about modal boxes
- Learnt about the importance of feedback
- Continue Pair Programming on issue [#455] Secret Moment
- Finalise presentation
September 24, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud) — at September 24, 2017 13:51 UTC
Yesterday, (23.09.2017) we celebrated "Fedora Women Day" at Open Labs Hackerspace!
Fedora Women Day (FWD) is a day of celebration dedicated to the female contributors of the Fedora Project. During this day of celebration, we gathered to present the accomplishments of the women that are part of the Fedora Project and thank them. FWD is a great chance to promote the participation of more women, bring together contributors and raise awareness about the gender gap in tech communities.
During the event, we mentioned two great opportunities that exist for women to contribute to open source software such us Outreachy and Rails Girls Summer of Code. We (Jona and Xheni) shared our experience with other girls and encouraged them to be part of the next round of RGSoC.
Team prodyoGEEKY (OpenLMIS: vaccine and medicine logistics for low- and middle-income countries) — at September 24, 2017 00:00 UTC
Do you remember we announced conferences which support RGSoC 2017 and grant us free tickets? Some more awesome conferences joined the party in the past two weeks. There are two newcomers among them: Dev Day from Sri Lanka and Sheffield Ruby User Group, which is technically not a conference, but … Read more.
September 23, 2017
Team prodyoGEEKY (OpenLMIS: vaccine and medicine logistics for low- and middle-income countries) — at September 23, 2017 18:15 UTC
We are busy wrapping everything up and preparing things we have to present in the Product Meeting and the Showcase Meeting next week. So excited! Waiting for Nick and team to provide us with the feedback of our prototypes we submitted today. We have also started with the final blog giving a gist of our RGSoC experience (which have to submit in 2 days) and time just seems not enough for all of this! But hopefully we will sail across all this as well! Fingers crossed!
Team Victorious Secret (The Processing Foundation) — at September 23, 2017 09:41 UTC
What we did today
- Saumya committed the changes for issue 266 on her previous branch.
- Katyayani worked on issue 391. Exam week is going on so our productivity is pretty low.
- Add more changes to issue 266.
- Finish Issue 391.
Team Victorious Secret signs off for today!
Stay tuned for further updates.
Team ImpactDevs (WorldBrain - Verifying the Internet with Science) — at September 23, 2017 07:44 UTC
Today we had a meeting with our coach, Luca to talk about testing with Jest and Pouch DB.
- we may need a plugin or adapter for testing with pouch db
- testing is a lot easier when your functions are simple
- TDD is a great idea
We have also been preparing our slides for our connected lunch talk next week.
Team prodyoGEEKY (OpenLMIS: vaccine and medicine logistics for low- and middle-income countries) — at September 23, 2017 00:00 UTC
Wow, it’s 23th September already and we just can’t believe that RGSoC is coming to an end. It has been a whirlwind of a summer - with so much learning both in our professional lives and personal. We will sorely miss the daily logs, catching up with each other, the superbly motivating coaching … Read more.
September 22, 2017
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud) — at September 22, 2017 21:01 UTC
- started working at 11 am
- two PRs got merged :D (adjust the space between avatar and name in the contacts list #357 and social network and IM fields #356)
- we did an overview of the issues we are working on to see how much progress we have for each of them and where we need to focus for the next week
- we discussed related to the talk we will have tomorrow during "Fedora Women Day" at Open Labs
- we reviewed some PR
- continued our work on the issues we are currently working on
Team Fusion (OpenDF) — at September 22, 2017 18:30 UTC
Another week gone. And we are going to say hi to our last RGSoC week soon (coming monday).. 😅 So this week was a busier week and today was a busier friday.. So here's the log for today..
Things we did today:
- Tested the column filter (hide/show) functionality of the detail view. ✅There we could fix the error we got when the file details are populated in the table.
- Went through the React router API , since we have to use React Router Redux with our app. ✅
- Worked on the filter functionality of the search bar. ✅ Now it can filter files when a search query with more than one search fields is given. 🔍✔
- Had a little chat with our mentor about the progress. ✅
Things to do during weekend:
- Finalize the search bar functionalities.
- Have coaching and code reviewing sessions with coach Kasun, Tharindu and Imran.
- Send a PR for the SearchView component.
Team Bundledore (AFDC League Management System) — at September 22, 2017 18:28 UTC
Done writing our blog post and Anagha tried cloning the Github repo (summer-of-code) but suprisingly, it stops at 26%. This happened for me(Amrita) too, during the first blog post but we thought it was due to weak internet connection. The last time after a lot of trial and error we finally cloned the repo and pushed the blog post in. Anyone else faced such issues ?
The weird part is that, the download always stops at 26%, be it my laptop or Anagha's.
Still waiting for the last PR(#135) to be reviewed also, and the PR for our responsive pages issue needs to include the changes for Bootstrap 3. I (Amrita), am working on that currently. Anagha is looking over the attendance issue currently.
We have a session for our juniors tomorrow which involves introduction to open source. Wish us luck !
Team 276linesofCode (Tessel) — at September 22, 2017 18:08 UTC
Today we had a weekly call with our mentor Kelsey. We discussed the issues we had been facing the past few days. So, in order to help us she suggested that all three of us sit together and try going through the problematic code line by line. We even asked her if we could write a final blog post for "This week in Tessel", which she approved. Thanks a lot Vaishali for this suggestion. Kelsey, even told us that one of the Tessel Committee members, Tim, would like to conduct a workshop to update all of us about the progress so far in Tessel Reach module.
Till then, Adios.
Team Code_Hoppers (OpenFarm) — at September 22, 2017 16:00 UTC
Today we did more learning on coveralls. We reached out to our supervisor and opened up a documentation repository. We will be looking at this as it is a long-term exercise to ensure that all tests are centralized. We hope to classify the tests, come up with a way to automate them and work on them in the coming weeks.
Tomorrow we hope to have a call with our supervisor for a catch up call.
Team 200 OK (coala) — at September 22, 2017 14:32 UTC
Our university exams ended today, hooray!
We'll be implementing the changes in our tests as suggested by our coach yesterday, tonight. Our final blog post is due tomorrow and we're really excited about it.
Team Pivotal London (Babel) — at September 22, 2017 09:46 UTC
We've been SO busy preparing for our presentation. The time is flying by, and we've got so many things we need to sort out. The presentation went from being a run time of about 12 minutes (too short), to 19 (perfect) to now over 35 minutes!! We're going to hopefully be in a really good place this time next week (when we present) and we're actually excited to present about our summer. Our blog post gets published this weekend, so we hope you all enjoy it :) ♥️ ❤️ 💕
Team 276linesofCode (Tessel) — at September 22, 2017 03:36 UTC
Yesterday, we finally got our conference tickets!! We're going to Paris next year !
In the brief time that we had in midst of our preparations for our exams, we tried working on the 3G Dongle issue as well, however our Tessel isn't getting connected to the internet as well. We'd look into the issue as soon as our exams end this Sunday.
Till then, Adios.
Team Fusion (OpenDF) — at September 22, 2017 01:09 UTC
Today we had a quick discussion with our coach Imran. He checked our codes and showed us how we can improve. We will have a coaching session with him next week. 😊
Things we did today:
- Send a PR contains new changes. ✅
- As Coach Imran showed us, we had some problems in Detail view. So did some changes to it. ✅
- Worked on our repositories in the hacktitude competition. ✅
Things to do tomorrow:
- Test on new changes of the Detail view.
- Continue to work on the Redux part of the app.