Displaying activities 51 - 62 of 62 in total
July 21, 2016
July 16, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 16, 2016 02:19 UTC
After the mess, we laughed a lot about what happened. I'm still ashamed. (thanks for your patience, my great team!)
What we did
- Review the PR
- Fixed the PR and sent it again
- Talked with our great supervisor
- More RGSoC tasks completed
- Emma switched from rock playlist to classic music (I'm so sorry dear. I will buy a wall calendar and desk one too)
- Search for solutions for social plugins for Ruby and Rails application
- Learn how to ride a bike
- Play new games at Steam <3
Have a nice weekend, everyone!
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 16, 2016 01:59 UTC
So, we started our day worried about our goals to this week.
"It's friday and we haven't achieved yet. Let's do a sprint!" - and that's the story about the day I (Geisa) make everyone in the team go crazy and confused.
I advanced the meetings and calls that were schedule to friday, poor coaches and our lovely supervisor (who was in a trip). When I realized it, it already night.
Well, the day did not end without me apologizing for the confusion with everyone.
What we did
- Get freak
- Did some sprints
- Calls to clear up a lot of questions
- Reviews and studies
- Geisa managed to solve the ERROR problem (thanks people through Linux foruns)
- And finally, after all: WE SENT A PR! \\o////
- RGSoC tasks
- Calls with our coaches and supervisor <3
- Reviews tasks and our planning for some issues
July 14, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 14, 2016 03:02 UTC
Programming, technology, tests your patience every single day.
One moment you are rocking, other you are praying for Old Gods, new ones, for every God you may know and try to be calm.
As i write this in another laptop, my notebook is continually showing an error message about number and a vendor request.
But let's talk about rocking, yeah? Yeah!
What we did
- Learning a lot about refactoring, robocop;
- Progress in solving our fist issue;
- Weep (just Geisa... kidding ~ maybe not)
- Hangouts with coaches
- Guidance in the Twitter API for Ruby interface
- Review PR
- Party 'cos it's friday!
July 13, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 13, 2016 05:17 UTC
Getting things done
- Moving forward in the Ruby and Rails studies
- Studying how to solve first issues
- Translating texts to brazilian portuguese
- RGSoC tasks
- Running tests
- Meeting with coach Aurium
- Study Twitter API
July 12, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 12, 2016 04:08 UTC
So week 02 has started. We review how the first week was, free talk after our daily meeting and planned Week 02.
Emma started to translate some pages. We want to spread the Speakerinnen's project in our country and motivate brazilian women and empower them.
What we did
[x] Translate some pages
[x] Update our blog
[x] Organize our agenda
[x] Organize workspace
[x] Discuss about the planning project
[x] Clear up some doubts with coaches
[x] Organized Trello boards
[x] Finallly development environment is working without erros
[ ] Run tests
[ ] Send questions to the mentors
[ ] Administrative stuff
[ ] RGSoC Social stuff
[ ] Study in progress
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 12, 2016 03:49 UTC
What we did
[x] Ornaments for the room :)
[x] Study more about Ruby and Rails
[x] Talk with our coach Brena and discuss the project (Hangout)
[x] Discuss about new issues to propose
[x] Go to the market and buy some snacks for our kickoff
[x] RGSoC social stuff
[x] Weekly meeting with coach User_X
[x] Updated our blog Perifericas at Github
As an advice from our coach, Geisa decide to reinstall an Ubuntu version (she was using Fedora XFCE). So during our kickoff people came to visit us, we talk about the project, about Ruby and Rails and Geisa started the installation.
It was a great day!
[60%] Finished installations and prepare development environment
[50%] Update planning project
[x] More study in progress
July 08, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 8, 2016 04:07 UTC
- [x] Emma creat this blog using Jekyll and Github Pages: Team Perifericas' blog;
- [x] Created a logo and a profile image to update Perifericas's profile through the web;
- [x ] Welcome our new coaches Daniela Feitosa & Brena Monteiro both are co-organizers from Rails Girls community in Brazil;
- [x ] Talked with our new coaches and add them to our team page and Trello board;
- [x] We start an online about RSpec course today;
- [x] Create an event for the kickoff tomorrow and sent invites for our fellows in Bahia;
- [ ] More studies
- [ ] Prepare for the kickoff
- [ ] Meeting with our coach User_X from LampiãoSec
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 8, 2016 03:25 UTC
Today we started organizing our workspace. There's a really cool whiteboard for Kaban and agile activities.
We defined the issues to work on next days and sent the list for our mentors.
Our coach Aurium came to help us on the project. We gone through the night learning about Behaviour Driven Development and RSPec doing tests. It was really great!
- Readings about Ruby Style Guide
- Start an online course about RSpec
- Create our blog at Github Page with Jekyl <3
July 06, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 6, 2016 03:26 UTC
More readings, more documentations, more tests, more preys too.
We have an inspiring call with Ines, our supervisor. She was a 2015's RGSoC participant (and speaks portuguese .) so we get amazing tips to go through this first week.
More tests and errors and finally we made it: setting up, configurations and requirements ok.
We talk a lot through the day, Emma helped me with some issues like "why my profile isn't showing".
We discuss about creating a Twitter account for our team and create a blog with Jekyll, but didn't worked out.
Today we get in contact with another developers to become our coaches. We noticed some teams more than two and it's a better way out when we could not reach one or other coach. Ines cleared up some things about that for us and we sent some invites.
What about plannings for the kickoff at friday? We are in! Remotely, but let's celebrate too. We made a list of things for food, decoration. It's so great to being part of this :)
Tomorrow we are going to run more tests.
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 6, 2016 03:03 UTC
So we decided to reinstalling to new distros Linux.
I migrate from ElementaryOS to Korora (Fedora's remix) and Emma choose for Xubuntu.
So this monday was just setting up everything.
Meanwhile i was trying to setup a VM through VIrtual Box and Emma prefer to use Vagrant. We need to go through the requirements to start getting to know this techicle part of our project.
We have issues with updating Ruby, running Rails, PostgreSQL, so we finished all the work at 2am.
Our supervisor Ines is helping us do contact with our mentors and we chat a lot about all things with setting the enviroment.
Hope tomorrow we can resolve some requirements and dependencies.
July 02, 2016
Team perifericas (Speakerinnen)  — at July 2, 2016 13:54 UTC
Ow! What a great beginning.
What we did:
• Organized our work place.
• Setup our working environments and discovered some issues updating or configuring our machines.
• Cloned/forked Speakerinnen's repository.
• Created and shared Trello boards with our supervisor.
• Scheduled a call meeting with our supervisor, mentor and coaches for the next week.
• Had a meeting with our coach at our work place, discussed our plan for the first week, discussed about issues that are open and talked about our plans for the RGSoC.
• Some open issues on Speakerinnen' repo are on germany. We tried to translate with Google, but didn't help that much.
• Check all the discussions about Speakerinnen at the web.
• Updated our social media channels at Twitter and Teams App.
What we are planning for the weekend:
Geisa: i have to figured out what is happening. Can't update Ruby and resolve PostgreSQL' setting. Our coach User_X tried to help us, Emma tried too and i think the better is starting from zero. Installling a XFCE distro or go back to Fedora again. For the record: i use Elementary OS Freya. I've read all the forums trying to get some help.
Emma will figured out and finished the setting of the enviroment. She couldn't update Rails and setting up PostgreSQL too. She uses Fedora distro.
What we are planning for the next monday:
• Talk with our coaches, mentors and supervisor on monday or tuesday and discuss about the project;
• Talk with our mentors about the issues we have to focus on (and have a litlle help with translating some issus in germany);
• Vagrant settings and other requirements;