ActivitiesAtom Feed

Displaying activities 51 - 75 of 2742 in total

July 20, 2017

  • Day Fourteen

    Team Code_Hoppers (OpenFarm) — at July 20, 2017 13:46 UTC

    Another great day has passed by and it's been awesome working on OpenFarm. We finally finished on the empty state design mockup and we have a running copy of the code on version control.

    What we managed to do:
    -Search criteria empty state UI implementation - done
    -Push criteria mockup designs to #874-empty-state - done
    -Polish up on sidebar for the search bar - done

    What we will look at tommorow:
    -Search criteria data query implementation
    -Reach out to Simon for a feedback session on progress
    -Work on UI improvements on the empty state
    -Improve on angular 1.x by doing more exercises

  • day 13

    Team Clojurians (re-frame) — at July 20, 2017 08:33 UTC

    • coaching with Jack
      • start looking into re-frame-trace
      • trying to set it up for development -> not clear how to do it
      • pair-programming on sample reagent project
    • lunch with three of our coaches and people from Nextjournal
      • many interesting conversations about ClojureScript and pre-compiled dependencies (cljs-live!)
    • look more into re-frame-trace
    • start writing blog post

  • Week3 !!

    Team Gemini (Susi AI Server) — at July 20, 2017 06:08 UTC

    This week has been very hectic for both of us. One of us was busy with Placement Committee work and I was busy with my Research Project. So we took two days off !! (We'll cover it up on weekends, promise !! ) Ramya will be off to Tirupati (A pilgrimage in Andhra Pradesh, India) for the next 4 days. I'll miss her :(

    On Tuesday we had a call with our coordinator - Vaishali and had a nice 30 mins long video chat with her!!

    To be done today

    • Skills to be incorporated in entertainment - Jokes
    • Pr to be submitted for the same.
    • Learn about Base report (My previous PR is stuck because of that!! )

  • Week 3 (Jul 17 - Jul 21) Status Update #4

    Team 200 OK (coala) — at July 20, 2017 04:25 UTC

    Sometimes, when you have been poring over your code endlessly for hours altogether, trying to figure out what is making your builds go red, you miss out the tiny little details and errors which are in plain sight. Yesterday, we realised the true potential of the robust and thorough community review that coala provides and learnt the importance of attention to code quality and other details. After multiple iterations of updating our PRs according to the community reviews, we might just be very close to getting them merged! (fingers crossed)

    That's all for now!

July 19, 2017

  • Day 13

    Team RailsGyn (RGSoC: The Teams App) — at July 19, 2017 21:35 UTC

    Today we:

    • met at a coffee shop
    • fix a PR
    • decided the next issue (related to the conferences, but also dependent of our previous PR - not merged yet)
    • took some pictures :D

    Tomorrow we will:

    • publish a new blog post
    • start in the new conference issue

  • Day 13

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) — at July 19, 2017 21:28 UTC

    What We Did

    • read through Public Lab's API documentation (...then realized that our idea from yesterday isn't going to work >< )
    • emailed Coach Katie about API issue
    • watched Lynda tutorial to get an introduction to working with JSON
    • created GitHub repo to share practice files and resources within team
      • we also used this repo to practice forking and submitting pull requests!

    Next Up

    • brainstorm ideas with Katie to get around our API issue
    • contact Liz from Public Lab about setting up an in-person meeting

  • Day 13

    Team Code Bears (diaspora*) — at July 19, 2017 20:26 UTC

    Today we mostly dealt with fixing the comments on our PR.
    We did a list of all the corrections needed to be fixed or discussed.
    On our way to fix the code, we had some problems with git (couldn't pull the code to one computer) and with ruby versions discrepancies. We got a lot of help from our coach working on this. Afterwords we jumped right into fixing and refactoring the code, making the relevant test fail and then making it green, very satisfying very satisfying. We corrected almost everything, the rest we will do tomorrow. You can see the entire comments and discussions here.
    In between we had a session with SC IT team in order to get external company emails and organized our 1st retrospective meeting :).

  • #Day13

    Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud) — at July 19, 2017 19:50 UTC

    What we have done

    • The day didn't start very good because Jona's laptop was broken :(. So we had to format it again and install Ubuntu. Then we installed Nextcloud and development environment again. It was easier this time.
    • We also took a team photo and shared it on our twitter account.
    • Then we had the call with our supervisor and coaches and we informed him about our progress so far.

  • Day 13 of RGSoC

    Team Alexa (JoopeA Club) — at July 19, 2017 18:31 UTC

    Today we finally added the language model to communities, hooray! The work is going well and we are even ahead of schedule :)


    Tomorrow we are going to make a list of questions before talking with our mentor and start working on displaying the language model for users!

  • Day 13

    Team Victorious Secret (The Processing Foundation) — at July 19, 2017 18:10 UTC

    What we did today

    • Worked on Issue 383. As discussed with our mentor Cassie, this issue involves a lot of things and thus we need to look up a variety of concepts like adding a dialog box in React, positioning it and adding a variety of features.
    • Also looked up Issue 384: Update Toast styling to new design.

    Agenda for tomorrow

    • Meet our coaches.
    • Start working on other Issues.
    • Finish Issue 383.

    Team Victorious Secret signs off for today!
    Stay tuned for further updates.

  • Day #15 - More 1-wire

    Team 276linesofCode (Tessel) — at July 19, 2017 17:50 UTC

    Hey!

    Its 15 days of RGSoC already!! Unbelievable right? 😍

    So, today was another day reading all about 1-wire and going into the intricacies. It's till a doubt whether implementing that would be possible, as none of us have that much of an experience with Embedded Systems. We also saw a few code tutorials explaining 1-wire in detail. Its more reading, and more resources and so on.

    Tomorrow, we would set out to resolve a few more issues that our mentor, Kelsey, has asked us to solve.

    Till then, Adios.

  • #Day13: Sluggish day!

    Team Bundledore (AFDC League Management System) — at July 19, 2017 17:33 UTC

    It has been two days and we are still working on our docker container issue. At the end of the day, we are not feeling low but is determined to work more. Have to deal with this issue and fix it up asap.

    Meanwhile, excited for tomorrow, 2nd video call with the Rafal and Pete. Hope it goes well too :)

  • Day 14

    Team NK42 (Foodsaving and Foodsharing) — at July 19, 2017 17:17 UTC

    Working on Django for a change! :slightlysmilingface: Together with our coach Ana we continued to work on Django tutorial. We finished whole Django tutorial with her and have learnt about:
    - how to write templates in HTML, Django and connect them with Views
    - how to write Views with render function
    - how to write Django forms and Tests for Models and Views with Client

    Ines spent the morning with the article "Django at a glance" to understand what Django was originally build for. Marie cloned the whole project from Ines repository and installed DB Browser for SQL. Marie and Ines planed upcoming working days (Thursday, Friday, Weekend/Monday). Marie looked up the MVC and MTV in Django, and she read an article about Loose Coupling vs. Tight Coupling.

  • Day Thirteen

    Team Code_Hoppers (OpenFarm) — at July 19, 2017 16:06 UTC

    Today was an amazing day. We had a recap of angular learnings through last week to date and reached out to Simon our OpenFarm mentor to share the week's progress. Basically, this involved the progress we have had so far on the searchbar UI design process. We discussed whether we would keep the material UI look and feel of the mockup designs.

    What we managed to do:
    -Looked deeper into angular 1.x exercises
    -Had a meetup with our coach Sigu for more insights on progressive programming
    -Had a bit of fun on ruby practice quizzes

    What we will look at tomorrow:
    -Search criteria implementation
    -Push criteria mockup designs to #874
    -Polish up on sidebar for the search bar

    We learnt so much today, Can't wait for tomorrow

  • Day 14 - A busy day!!

    Team Fusion (OpenDF) — at July 19, 2017 15:31 UTC

    Today we were busy with achieving the milestones given by our coach Imran. Also one of us is getting ready for the conference which is going to happen tomorrow. Exciting 😃

    Things we did today:

    • We sent pull request of our blog post and did some changes to it also. All of the changes we made to our blog post were reviewed and approved. Done and dusted 😃 ✅
    • Created the searchable field list of the searchable field panel for the file browser. ✅
    • Continued our learning process as usual while working. ✅

    Things to do tomorrow:

    • Create the query bar and create the connection between it and the searchable field list. Then we will be done with our first task, searchable field panel.
    • Continue learning and sharing knowledge. 💻📚
    • Janakshi has to participate for the conference tomorrow. Good Luck Janakshi 😊

  • Week 3 - Day 13

    Team berlin diamonds (Discourse) — at July 19, 2017 14:17 UTC

    Jen: remote, Kaja: office
    In the morning I
    - read through our mentors suggestions for the next steps on Discourse Meta
    - pulled his changes from github
    - merged them into my working directory
    - looked at his specs
    - added an attraccessor to the Synchronizer class and initialized some instance vars
    - added the methods ** def can
    sync?** and def initialize
    - got all 5 tests running green
    - committed and pushed everything to working branch
    - created a filter branch called dev before master to merge working changes into
    - created a pull request dev+testservice
    - posted changes on discourse meta

  • Tuesday Week 3

    Team Pivotal London (Babel) — at July 19, 2017 09:02 UTC

    8:45 Arrive at Pivotal for breakfast
    Emma's environment set up for Babel, all Babel tests running and passing.
    Kara worked on the simple plugin which needed a transform. (https://github.com/babel/babel/pull/5956) (https://github.com/babel/babylon/pull/634) Transform is now done,
    but would love to run it over a small piece of code. Also, it is possible that the generator needs a change as well--and I'm not sure how to do this (this is a blocker). Language changes necessitate quite a lot of small tweaks to almost all the major components of Babel! Decent learning exercise and as a point of pride I would like to complete it (plus it is good for my understanding of how the parts of Babel work together in practice); however, Winna had the very good point that this is an example of scope creep.
    Emma had a meeting with AI lecturer as research for her dissertation.
    Kara had a meeting with London pro bono head for Skadden, Arps regarding them working with codebar
    All meetings went well!

    **Also Emma and Kara played ping pong

  • Week 3 (Jul 17 - Jul 21) Status Update #3

    Team 200 OK (coala) — at July 19, 2017 05:32 UTC

    We got reviews on our PRs from the community, woohoo (The more you review code, the more your code gets reviewed)! A step closer to resolving the red builds (fingers crossed).
    Today, we'll discuss these suggestions with our coaches, incorporate the relevant ones and try to modify our PRs.

    That's all folks!

  • Day 09 - 19th July 2017

    Team IfPairElseUnknown (if me - mental health communication app) — at July 19, 2017 05:25 UTC

    19th July 2017

    Day 09:

    Hello World!

    Things we did:

    • Had a session with Adam, to discuss new feature(Issue #455)
    • Created user journey map, for new feature (Issue #455)
    • Started story map, for new feature (Issue #455)
    • Did JS Testing exercises on Exercism
    • Made changes to a Pull Request

    Things we learnt:

    • What steps to take, to create a new feature
    • What tools to use, to create new feature
    • Learnt about Selenium testing
    • Story Map structure; Goals > Activities > Tasks > Stories
    • User Journey structure; User > Goals > User Journeys > Actions > Stories

    To Do:

    • Finish story map for new feature (#455)
    • Share story map and discuss with team
    • Continue work on issue (#455, #10)
    • Practice JS Testing
    • Practice JQuery

July 18, 2017

  • Day 12 & Day 13 (When we decide to TOSS a COIN)

    Team Serv0101 (Servo) — at July 18, 2017 22:16 UTC

    What we did:
    We are very serious about sending our first PR now. We both were stuck with errors. Today we decided to finish one of the issue first. And that was fun how we decided which issue we gonna work on first, we both are working on different issue, so we both wanted to resolve our own issue first. Finally, we decided to TOSS a COIN and guess what? I won ((issue number #10989 won) that was funny and interesting :P
    So now we are working on Sizes issue (#10989).
    Today was pretty good as we were able to resolve lot of errors (from 11 to 5 now). Hope fully we will send our PR by the end of this week.

    Togetherwecandoanything!

  • day 12

    Team Clojurians (re-frame) — at July 18, 2017 21:17 UTC

    • weekly update with project Mentor
      • figure out exact requirements in order to finish editor project
      • talk about dirac and re-frame trace
    • coaching with Ezequiel
    • task of the day: work on live editor to fulfill missing requirements
      • implement loading code from gists
      • do styling and instructions
      • create example gist from re-frame simple example to link from documentation
      • start making a template gist
    • starting to look into re-frame trace to prepare for conversation with Daniel on Thursday

  • Day 12

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) — at July 18, 2017 20:41 UTC

    What we did today:
    - Talked to Public Lab Team about incorporating an agnostic bot for WeChat
    - Was given translation job for WeChat development (Chinese to English)
    - Met with Coach Katie and figured out next steps for tagging issue:
    * Get in contact with the person who is in charge of Public Lab's API, and ask about PL's specific methods for querying data
    * Putting the query into the pre-existing typeahead framework

    Next- Steps:
    - Review JSON
    *look at JSON structure with dot notation
    -Dummy sample of code to mock-up front end

  • Day 12

    Team RailsGyn (RGSoC: The Teams App) — at July 18, 2017 20:26 UTC

    Today we did a lot of things!

    • we wrote a blog post
    • we submitted some fixes for the issues
    • we assigned ourselves for others issues
    • we corrected a PR

    Tomorrow

    will be a nice day! we will meet at one adorable coffee place here in the city to take pictures and drink coffee (Wednesday is the free coffee day for students). We will post our pictures on twitter to show how nice the place is. :D