Displaying activities 51 - 75 of 4301 in total
September 22, 2018
Team Sectumsempra (Chapel Parallel Programming Language)  — at September 22, 2018 03:32 UTC
We continued to work on the the distributed sort particularly the iterative merging of merge sort. I was thanlful to get a lot of help from our coach Louis. Rupal had exams from last week the entire week so she was busy, now that they are over, we'll have our pair programming sessions over the weekend. Looking forward to it. <3
September 21, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki)  — at September 21, 2018 20:47 UTC
We did something on user interface, removing the GETNEWS LETTER from home page and placing it at the header section as instructed on the issue.
While working on the issue position of the other buttons on the header section was affected we had to read more on CSS div class, pr on the same is done and waiting to be reviewed.
Worked on the elasticsearch error
Team GirlsCode MK (Bahmni)  — at September 21, 2018 18:42 UTC
- wrote some more jest tests
- reviewed reactjs data grid libraries to see which one we should use for Bahmni
- I went to the Vue.js workshop in London for the first part of the day: met up with Vue Vixens and discussed diversity with some of the leaders in the frontend technologies. Also Vue.js is pretty cool too and the community is one of the friendliest I've encountered so far.
- We had a great 90-min meeting with coach Ivo to discuss everything from Toastmasters and the importance of team communication to reviewing our code and planning what we need to do next
- Ivo is happy with our work and pleased with everything we have achieved through the summer!!
- We both received RGSoC swag, thank you <3 RGSOC <3!
- implementing meetup notes
- writing more tests
- updating the documentation
- cleaning up css
- finishing the current story
- cry because RGSoC is going to be over
Team Rubies (if me - mental health communication app)  — at September 21, 2018 18:26 UTC
Tasks completed today
- Pair programming with Julia!
- Code clean up
- Rspec issues fixed.
- Work on Issue #968
- Write feature tests
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud)  — at September 21, 2018 17:02 UTC
- Jessica: Worked on webdav for popover menu in settings and made PR for avatars in list.
- Arati: microscopic PR for a tooltip related issue--it's really interesting taking a closer look at how the components for the contact details properties have been built.
We had another great meeting with App Maintainer where we primarily discussed cdav lib and caramel!
Team $we init (Probot: build your own GitHub app(s))  — at September 21, 2018 16:35 UTC
Our exams got over (Yay)
We're working on blogs for both the bots and addressed the comments on the Blog Post PR
Team Barcelona Duo (Exercism)  — at September 21, 2018 13:55 UTC
We get to end the week on a positive note: our PR was merged!
Had a session with Javier on ActiveRecord.
We moved closer to finishing our feature.
Monday is a holiday in Barcelona, unfortunately. So, after today we only have 4 more days of RGSoC.
Team Brazilian housewives coding (Public Lab)  — at September 21, 2018 03:36 UTC
Today we had to review #3357:
- When typing phrases (with quotation marks), for example 'open call', some of the buttons didn't work
- Per-type searches were not working
Both problems were solved!
September 20, 2018
Team Rubies (if me - mental health communication app)  — at September 20, 2018 16:08 UTC
Tasks completed today
- Added Contributor blurb for Prateksha
- Meeting with Srishti
- Worked on the PR reviews.
- Work on the new issue assigned to us. Issue #968
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud)  — at September 20, 2018 15:25 UTC
- Worked through adding the preview screen to Avatar management, the html is there so now it is a matter of styling and adding in the functions for the menu
- Looked at the cdav, which is now been added but is not yet complete, started to understand how it worked and how to implement it
Today was a little slower in coding and I spent more time reading through the App maintainers code to see how to use. I also encountered some buggy parts when trying to implement the preview screen where I had to rerun make watch-js to get the updated version working.
Link(s) to work:
Preview Screen: https://github.com/nextcloud/contacts/tree/vue-avatar-management-preview
CDAV : https://github.com/nextcloud/contacts/pull/632/files
Team GirlsCode MK (Bahmni)  — at September 20, 2018 15:19 UTC
Eva went to vue.js workshop and has worked remotely. She will update workshop separately. She has been extracting common components in buttons so that this can be reused if the app needs expanding and more buttons need adding.
Georgina has worked from home. I have been evaluating react tables. After learning how to create a table from scratch and understanding the concepts. I have been looking in more detail at the four choices that Angshu gave for Bahmni. I have contacted our mentor to find out more about what he wants the library to do and the criteria is the ability to deal with large amount of fetched data in region of 100's of records.
There is also a new design for the table so that the row is clickable. Eva sent a message to clarify once this is clicked on what api will be called. We have both been looking at the logic of this feature.
Create additional clones to test install of libraries without affecting the existing app
Continue to work with table, learn more about pagination, sorting, and filtering
Meeting with mentor Ivo tomorrow.
Error popup for error on fetch call has now been designed by Konrad and is on the invisionApp.
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide)  — at September 20, 2018 10:55 UTC
- Looked into new issues
- Continue with gulp plugin
- Continue improving and testing issue 3.
Start with issue #59: add content to the demo site (#issue 14: done by Violeta)
Meeting with supervisor 17.00 tomorrow/ friday.
Team Brazilian housewives coding (Public Lab)  — at September 20, 2018 04:37 UTC
Today we worked on the PR #3357. On that PR:
1 - We decoupled DocResult from SearchService. Everyone now can use the SearchService endpoints by calling ExecuteSearch.by(:endpoint, search_criteria). We moved the DocResult packaging to the api/search.rb Class since this is the one who deals with the API. That's gonna be documented next week :)
2 - We created a new endpoint for the wikis (old 'pages'). Maybe we can unify them all under a general search_nodes in the future, but that's something for later.
3 - The new /search page is working and we can filter the Notes and Wikis results from sort_by options. The navbar search and the form on /search use now the same methods. Before the /search was only returning Notes... now the results are consistent. It includes now the static pages as well.
Team 101 Days of Summer (Servo)  — at September 20, 2018 04:01 UTC
- Today I (Paavini) have been given access to approve my own PR because of rebasing issues!! Sounds awesome isn't it :P
- Completed the code for Complete API and pushed it as, well.
- The PR for the api even got merged. So fast :O
- We plan to start writing a blog for servo from tomorrow :)
September 19, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki)  — at September 19, 2018 19:21 UTC
Managed to find out why some email previews were not properly rendering. The issue was on elastic search , which was a bit weird because for some of the views it was working.
In the process we learnt a lot a bout elastic search and how to fix issues concerning elastic search.
- Spent the afternoon discussing the rspec testing book.
- We are still waiting on the reviews for the pull requests we have opened then we can proceed.
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide)  — at September 19, 2018 18:50 UTC
- Reading about clean code again to improve my PRs
- Improve Issue 3. Get 3 out of 5 test working now:)
- Will do pull request at end of the week when all test pass, hopefully:)
- went to meeting about "from learning to code until web developer" in BCN
Team GirlsCode MK (Bahmni)  — at September 19, 2018 18:34 UTC
- I've met up with a ReactJS coach yesterday during the GirlsCode meetup and it was great to talk a bit more about testing, react and react router. He also shared his experience of working with GraphQL - a technology that is often used with ReactJS ("think REST API 2.0", he said). Also, styled components are a thing!
- I spent a good deal of my day dealing with a Button component (silly Button!), still not there yet, but hopefully, I can finish it up tomorrow
- cleaning up CSS
- finishing up the button component
- finishing up the display table: including pagination and limiting how many results are displayed at one point. Also dynamic rendering of search results?
- I'm going to London tomorrow afternoon to do a beginner's course on Vue.js and meet the Vue Vixens!
- meet with coach Ivo
- create an Alexa skill!
Team GirlsCode MK (Bahmni)  — at September 19, 2018 18:19 UTC
Met up irl at bletchley park. Good session on css styles. Eva shared her way of grabbing the element using the inspect on a browser and right click on the three dots on the relevant line and then click on copy and select copy selector. I think this will save me lots of headaches of css however it still looks ugly. I think I need to change my purist thinking.
We solved a few problems with the spinner size on the search button and changing the text with search or searching depending on the logic.
We sent messages on slack to mentor to look at a potential design of a pop up if the fetch api fails, he replied promptly to send message to bahmni group for decision.
RGSoC meetup - talk on learning mindset. I was very supported by both Annas and it was good to practice. Lesson learnt I need to make sure the toolbar with peoples faces on zoom is at the top of the screen otherwise I naturally look down and then I am not looking at the camera.
Changed the styling of the 2nd blog post, added another image and added whitespace so markdown worked.
Keep looking at react tables
Continue to restyle the button on search form
Meetup with Ivo
Finish current story and feedback from mentor
Check for new designs and feedback in invisionapp
Video interview for RGSoC 2018 documentary
Team 101 Days of Summer (Servo)  — at September 19, 2018 18:00 UTC
- Completed few minor changes requested in relevant mutations PR
- Still analysing the crashing test. Studying about UTF encoding to represent characters which is involved in the test.
- Started working on completing the steps in Complete API
Team potatoCode (stretchly - break time reminder app)  — at September 19, 2018 17:57 UTC
Thank you RGSoC & Sponsors!
Awesome goodie-box has been delivered today. Super nice note to go with it, really great work by RGSoC organisation and sponsors of Summer of Code 2018!!
Working both remote, today used time to do some array and string exercises online at coderbyte and hackerrank. It's so important to keep up with these challenges and feel comfortable in programming.
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud)  — at September 19, 2018 17:21 UTC
- Pair programming! With lots of help from App Maintainer, we are now able to upload a photo for the icon and have it show up.
Asking detailed questions helps keep a good coding flow going.
Team Rubies (if me - mental health communication app)  — at September 19, 2018 16:53 UTC
Tasks completed today
- Yay! We got another PR merged today. Total PR's merged count goes upto 10 :D
- We are almost done with Report feature, we will be pairing up on Sat with Julia to clean it up :)
- We got ourselves assigned a new issue. Lots and lots of refactoring in the new issue !