Displaying activities 51 - 75 of 3809 in total
September 26, 2017
Team 276linesofCode (Tessel) — at September 26, 2017 18:59 UTC
Today, we made the final changes required for the I2C tutorial Pull Request and now it is under further reviews. We were able to understand its code from the scratch and hence were able to give a nice description of all the functions involved in the Code for beginners. Hopefully, the PR would get merged soon after the Tessel Steering Committee members review it. Tomorrow, we have planned to complete the next task in our checklist that is 3G dongle.
Till then, Adios.
Team 200 OK (coala) — at September 26, 2017 18:51 UTC
Today we worked on Oclint and also started polishing the tests for SpotBugs. We planned an RGSoC end of summer celebration in our college where we would be speaking about the program in front of our community of women developers.
Team Serv0101 (Servo) — at September 26, 2017 18:12 UTC
Last week was pretty busy one. We have finally submitted our PR(Hopefully they will get merged this time).
We had a small party with our supervisor last weekend. You can assume it as RGSoC End Party.
We both are working on new issues as suggested by our mentor.
Wrote a blog about our JSFOO 2017 conference experience.
Sad to see we are at the End of RGSoC :(
Team Fusion (OpenDF) — at September 26, 2017 16:46 UTC
Today is the second day of our last week of RGSoC 2017. So, we had our last supervisor call with our Supervisor Ramon. We decided to have our third and last team call this Sunday. 😊
Things we did today:
- Worked on the implementation of SearchView functionalities. ✅
- Implemented mapStateToProps() function for the FileBrowser container component. ✅
- Discussed about the End of RGSoC 2017 celebration. ✅
Things to do tomorrow:
- Having a coaching session with coach Imran and coach Kasun.
- Continued working on Redux part.
Team Pivotal London (Babel) — at September 26, 2017 16:02 UTC
Today was spent working on cutting our presentation - it exceeded 40 minutes (whoops) and needs to be cut to 30, at a max.
We had our last RGSoC retro with the Pivotal London mentors and it was SO SAD. We cant believe it's coming to a close :( we don't want it to be over. It was incredibly positive, and we hope that next year, if there is a London team, they will choose to work from Pivotal - they're so cool and lovely, it's hard to find a nicer hosting company.
We also had our last call with Ines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭 😭 😭 We're devastated that it's now at this point. Who could have foreseen it coming this quickly!?! We spoke about how we both hope to help with the future cohort for the RGSoC, so we hope this won't be the end of our journey with this amazing organisation :)
Team Code Bears (diaspora*) — at September 26, 2017 15:44 UTC
We and our last retro today and it was very nice. lots of good points raised and some improvement suggestions for next SoC. We kept recapping what we have learned this summer and talked with diaspora ppl to understand where our PR stands.
Team Pivotal London (Babel) — at September 26, 2017 08:41 UTC
We can't believe it's our last week!!!! This summer has flown by! On Monday, we made changes to the presentation that we received on Friday, and began to work through the new flow. It's now split more-or-less in to three sections, and is proving to be something that's taking up more of our time than we had originally thought. We began doing a method called "water microphone" in order to encourage us both to stop using our hands so much when talking, and rather look up to the audience. In the evening, we had our Refactoring Legacy Code Part 2 with Diego, which was really interesting.
We cannot believe we are in our last week, and want to say thank you to Rails Girls Summer of Code for this summer - it's been absolutely amazing ♥️ 🎉 🎊 🚀 🦄
Team ImpactDevs (WorldBrain - Verifying the Internet with Science) — at September 26, 2017 07:47 UTC
Today we've been preparing for our final RGSoC presentation, and adding some final touches to our project.
Team IfPairElseUnknown (if me - mental health communication app) — at September 26, 2017 05:00 UTC
26th September 2017
Things we did:
- Fixed error on issue [#455] Secret Moment
- Added translation on issue [#455] Secret Moment
- Worked styling the button on issue [#455] Secret Moment
- Session with Tim
- Session with Adam
- Worked on final presentation
- Had our last Global team meeting online
Things we learnt:
- Continue Pair Programming on issue [#455] Secret Moment
- Finalise presentation
Team prodyoGEEKY (OpenLMIS: vaccine and medicine logistics for low- and middle-income countries) — at September 26, 2017 00:00 UTC
Time seems to fly by so fast when you are a student of Rails Girls Summer of Code and a contributor of a project you love. We can’t believe these are the last days of RGSoC! Challenges Some of the challenges that our team has faced during this period: First of all, installing the Nextcloud … Read more.
September 25, 2017
Team Bundledore (AFDC League Management System) — at September 25, 2017 23:27 UTC
Work done today:
1. Ported a few more files to Bootstrap 3. Every file I change; i realise that I missed out on making some changes in the previous one, so I always have to go back :P
2. PR merged for #135
3. We got feedback from Pete and from member of our local Ruby Users group. Yay ! tweaking the PR as suggested by them.
4. Submitted the feedback form.
Amrita had an absolute blast conducting the Linux Commands Workshop. Reviews by our juniors are here ! Scroll right to the bottom for it :)
Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud) — at September 25, 2017 21:16 UTC
It is so sad that it's the last week of RGSoC :/
- We started working at 11 am
- Xheni continued working on the favorite feature and fixing a bug which was induced by her previous PR
- Jona has been "playing" with Docker and installed Nextcloud there because she is trying to find new ways to install Nexcloud on Fedora, meanwhile she is working on the sort option issue
- Since FWD in Tirana was a great success Jona is planning another FWD in Prishtina, Kosovo where she will talk about RGSoC scholarship too
- Read some technical articles
- Made the requested changes to our PR. Our blog post is scheduled to be published tomorrow
Team Clojurians (re-frame) — at September 25, 2017 20:16 UTC
- organizing schedule for last week
- clean up commit for adding subscription values to traces and put up PR
- work on displaying app-state in vertical layout instead of horizontal
- cljs-devtools was intended to be used in Chrome devtools and is thus not suitable for the tracing window in terms of layout
- start writing final blog post
Team Victorious Secret (The Processing Foundation) — at September 25, 2017 19:21 UTC
What we did today
- Saumya worked on adjusting the modal of Settings. We need to fix it so that it gets the same as About modal. I asked Sachin Jani for help so we will continue with it tomorrow.
- Katyayani worked on issue 391.
- Finish issue 266.
- Finish Issue 391.
Team Victorious Secret signs off for today!
Stay tuned for further updates.
Team Code_Hoppers (OpenFarm) — at September 25, 2017 19:05 UTC
OMG!!! Did I just write week 12? Time surely flies , it was just the other day that we were blogging for week one !
This week we hope to merge the new front page UI and the search page.
Today we worked on our crowd funding campaign for dotJS conference ypou can see the campaign here https://igg.me/at/VQTiTUPWxLA please donate id you can and share in your networks :). Lets do this
We wish you all a productive week!
Team prodyoGEEKY (OpenLMIS: vaccine and medicine logistics for low- and middle-income countries) — at September 25, 2017 19:01 UTC
We had our final checkin meeting with Linda and the OpenLMIS team today to reflect over the summer.. We still can't believe the summer is coming to an end. We are busy preparing for our presentations and also working on the final blog post..!
Team Fusion (OpenDF) — at September 25, 2017 18:30 UTC
Here starts our last week of RGSoC. Time flies so fast! 🕦🚀 And this is going to be one of the busiest weeks!.
Thing we did during weekend:
- Had a quick chat with our mentor about the progress of our project.
- Started implementing the connect() function for the FileBrowser Container.
Things we did today:
- Finalized the changes of SearchView since we have to get it ready for our last PR. ✅
- Went through a tutorial to see how to use dispatch() method with our app. ✅ And then we started that implementing it with our app.
- Tested the search functionality with the search query, when there are user inputs for search fields. ✅
- Informed our supervisor about our conference talk. ✅ We'll be sending the application after this coming weekend!. 😌📝
Things to do tomorrow:
- Complete the implementation of SearchView functionalities.
- Implement mapStateToProps() function for the FileBrowser container component.
Team 276linesofCode (Tessel) — at September 25, 2017 18:23 UTC
So, our mid semester examinations finally got over yesterday and we started with our Tessel work once again today. We had a doubt clearing session with our mentor Kelsey for one of our on going PRs. We both had a lot of fun today doing that line by line analysis of the code with Kelsey. So, we would be able to complete the PR in a day or two. We even made some progress with the 3G dongle issue since we were able to get the other Tessel we have connected to the wifi. So all the required packages have now been installed and the next step is to play around with the 3G dongle writing some shell scripts and then integrating them with the OpenWRT Framework.
Till then, Adios.
Team 200 OK (coala) — at September 25, 2017 17:04 UTC
It is the last week of RGSoC and we can't believe it is all coming to an end. This week we want to refactor all our code, commit all the changes, and send in PRs with our final. We worked on Oclint today as major work was left in that bear. We also started getting our documents in order for applying for visa to Berlin.
Team NK42 (Foodsaving and Foodsharing) — at September 25, 2017 15:53 UTC
Today we started with adding information about testing to our Beginners guide. Now we covered all topics we planned to, so we asked @tilmann and @nick for feedback.
Afterwards we wrote a new test that checks if a single user can give more than one feedback per pickup. We started to implement corresponding functionality but we couldn’t finish it till 3pm. The last hours we prepared our talk for the SoundCloud demo on Friday.