Displaying activities 26 - 50 of 4301 in total
September 26, 2018
Day 63 - Bahmni Wiki, OpenMRS Community, customisation of existing app to integrate our new person management module/app
Team GirlsCode MK (Bahmni)  — at September 26, 2018 21:01 UTC
Our 2nd blog (and last) has been published on RGSoC! Thank you so much.
We have been searching the extensive library of documentation on the existing Bahmni wiki. They use the software confluence. We have not used before so we have been learning this so that we can then document our app. Our mentor has asked the existing creators and maintainers where this documentation should be stored.
We did a zoom as a team so that we could share what we had both learnt independently from the community and the wiki. Georgina had found that Bahmni has a youtube channel to demo features and to explain how to customise the installation. This has helped us learn about accessing the virtual box, using VIM commands, and using SSH to change files and install custom bahmni-config directories .
Georgina then showed how the home dashboard is created and how the design may be a problem as it uses a template. We have posted a note to the group with a screen shot for more clarification and if the design is possible.
Eva explained how she had worked through a document that was suggested to her from the bahmni community as to how to integrate our app into the existing installation. We created a manifest.webapp file that is from a template and made amendments. We followed through the rest of the instructions from this document in a trial and error way. We noticed that if we made changes to the virtual machine we had to halt and then restart the virtual machine for the changes to take effect.
We then moved our application from development to build. However even after making changes to the module, zipping the file it didn't appear to work so more reading and help is needed.
Georgina created a demo video and a behind the scenes of our app. We have shared this with Ana Sofia but it was great to try and create as an alternative tool to written documentation.
Our mentor has tonight contacted the main developers of Bahmni for more guidance and how they want to progress.
Documentation, notes and comments to help anyone that will continue with what we have started with this person management app.
Continue learning more from the wiki, the open MRS talk.
Looking at previous commits in Github for a new module on bed management app that they also have launched albeit not in React. Our coach Kalan pointed us to this resource.
Meet with Mentor tomorrow
Meet with Coaches and try to organise a thank you, farewell, celebration evening which may have to be next week due to schedules.
Meet with Ramón
Even if we don't quite get things finished by Friday 28th I know myself and Eva are committed to handing this over complete as possible.
Team Akaringular (EBWiki)  — at September 26, 2018 19:13 UTC
Today we were able to work on six issues that involved database constraints for validations which involved presence validation of:
- Case title
We also finished writing tests for the bug on case update with invalid summary attributes
Team 101 Days of Summer (Servo)  — at September 26, 2018 18:30 UTC
- Tried to understand the working of parsing modes such as default and all in servo
- Still figuring out how to correct the suggested correction in matches_environment. It is somewhat different from the tests earlier because we need to write a test which can give different results in both modified and unmodified servo. But for all the varieties which we have tried until now, no difference has been observed. This one is a hard nut to crack !!!!
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud)  — at September 26, 2018 16:51 UTC
- we both worked on the Avatar management and made good lee way on it
- we had a super knowledge share session with our coach Markus (see our notes here)
Was really awesome to go through testing with Markus and have a better understanding of how it works and how to implement it in our workflow.
Link(s) to work:
Team Barcelona Duo (Exercism)  — at September 26, 2018 16:30 UTC
We spent the day working on the feature we have been assigned. We had two sessions with our coaches Jorge and Javi and made a breakthrough. Our understanding of ActiveRecord, active record design patterns and Ruby have increased a lot over the past week. Our mentor Jeremy was right, you learn more by building than from trying to fix bugs. Tomorrow we will work on figuring out the pagination and we will submit several pull requests.
Team potatoCode (stretchly - break time reminder app)  — at September 26, 2018 12:12 UTC
only one day after this day.. It feels so weird that this project is almost over. Tonight we'll have a group team call, the last one!
We worked on our PR's that are open.
We made a few shots of a day with potatoCode!
And since the progress made, we'll celebrate this today and go out for coffee :-)
Team Brazilian housewives coding (Public Lab)  — at September 26, 2018 02:58 UTC
Today we've opened a new project in the Publiclab's Github to organize the new issues we're creating.
We also had to send a PR to optimize users query in Search API since we were seeing some site slowdowns.
September 25, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki)  — at September 25, 2018 20:28 UTC
We worked on Meta tag setup, we read on how meta tags are generated and opened a pr on the same.
We faced few challenges on failing tests, tried to fix some of the tests but one was hard to figure out, waiting for review from our coach as we fix the tests
Team GirlsCode MK (Bahmni)  — at September 25, 2018 16:14 UTC
- we spent the morning shooting videos for the RGSoC documentary, good fun and we both talked a lot (good luck with editing, Ana Sofia! :)
- then meeting with coach Ivo to review our progress since Friday including reorganizing the folder structure, adding comments to common components, finalizing Button.js, adding tests
- discussed the next story
- started researching on how to integrate our app into the Bahmni app
- asked the community and coaches for advice
- going over Bahmni docs to see how apps are integrated
- connecting our local vagrant installation with existing Bahmni apps
- forking the default_config repository and setting up our app.json?
- meeting coach Ivo on Thursday to check our progress
- GirlsCode cybersecurity workshop on Thursday
- last meeting with supervisor Ramón
- last meeting with local coaches
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud)  — at September 25, 2018 15:45 UTC
- We split what we were pair programming on into two as Jessica is ill and didn't want to infect Arati while also saving her voice. Therefore Arati is working on the methods for the Avatar management and Jessica is working on the styling.
- Jessica also worked on the avatars in list and made quick changes on her cdav branch for the addressbook settings popover menu
Nice to go over how to approach an issue together even if we didn't then code together. Hoping my head is clearer tomorrow and my throat is better!
Team $we init (Probot: build your own GitHub app(s))  — at September 25, 2018 15:06 UTC
- Drafted medium blog for the first bot!
- Learned about the process of getting the bot featured on probot.github.io
- Sent a concerned PULL_REQUEST
- Got comments on the same
- Have resolved most of them! Awaiting more review.
DV Team (LivingStyleGuide)  — at September 25, 2018 14:19 UTC
- Had meeting with Diana and Nico
- Fixing deploy and website issues
- no mentor coding session on Sunday, so still stuck on issue. Changed mentor meeting to Thursday 19hrs.
- worked on item 3.
- 19.00 hrs: DV Team Meeting with Nico to improve Documentation.
Team Barcelona Duo (Exercism)  — at September 25, 2018 08:36 UTC
We will have a meeting with our coaches tomorrow. In order to prepare for the meeting, our plan for today is to:
- Figure out the relationship between the user model and the track mentorship model.
- Learn more about the pagination helper.
- Figure out the relationship between the user model and the track mentorship model.
Team Brazilian housewives coding (Public Lab)  — at September 25, 2018 02:55 UTC
Saturday we dedicate our work day to review everything we have done so far. We met with our coaches to talk about our experience with the project and... Eat pizza! We talked so much that we forgot to write the update, sorry!
Last week we finalized and reviewed our PRs. This week we intend to work only on the documentation of our work and also organize in issues what we know can still be improved in the Search API/Search interface. Actually, we've already opened some first-timers-only issues - for example, this one here - and it's really cool to know that we're collaborating with the community growth.
September 24, 2018
Team Akaringular (EBWiki)  — at September 24, 2018 19:18 UTC
Today we focused on back end stuff.We were working on bugs to do with the update action where , some fields that are not supposed to be blank can be updated blank. We also wrote tests to confirm that this bug was captured.
- We also updated the pull request on User Interface and updating the branch with master , which were reviews given to us by our mentor.
- We continued reading and practicing on the RSpec book
Team Popcorn (Nextcloud)  — at September 24, 2018 17:14 UTC
- Arati worked on the property hint tooltip-adding to the icon not the component
- Jessica worked on putting together slides for our end of RGSoC presentation
- We had our last team meeting and presented our retrospective of what we have achieved and thanked those who had helped us :)
It was great to have the chance to thank all those involved and go through what we have achieved in the last 3 months!
Team GirlsCode MK (Bahmni)  — at September 24, 2018 16:28 UTC
Pair programming in Bletchley park. Catch up on conference and what still needs to be done with current story, documentary video, and blog.
More jest tests for button component
Added paragraph to state no records found when the fetch API is successful but no matches found.
Extracted SVG data like the other SVGs into ICON component so it is consistent throughout the app how SVGs are called and used.
Format of table, nth child in css and adding Ids to columns to format first and last column in table, added border to bottom of row to separate records and match design in InvisionApp
Tweaks to 2nd blog post, capital letters in filename and change of date on filename and permalink - now ready to merge - YAY!
More Jest tests to test spinner logic.
Age in data table needs to be formatted to months and days if less than 0 years. This means adding birthdate in the Fetch API to calculate difference in today's date and birthdate. Trying to create a function that can be called in a table.
Restructuring the app with common components and models in a directory structure that makes sense.
Bring tripod so we can record interview style in Bletchley park tomorrow for RGSoC documentary.
Meet with mentor, Ivo - feedback from slack comments about documentation
Meet with supervisor - Ramón on Thursday
Documentation in the form of a wiki to assist handover of code and decisions we have made to help with future development.
Team 101 Days of Summer (Servo)  — at September 24, 2018 16:22 UTC
Can't believe its the last week already! Coding in Servo has been so much fun that we have planned to continue making contributions throughout the year :D
- The major part of the Servo blog has been made. We are working on the technicalities we need to present.
- Started worked on an issue in matches_environment. Wrote a test for the same. Fixing bugs and discussing with mentor to clear doubts on exact specifications needed.
- Also continued analysing the unicode character crashing test.
September 23, 2018
September 22, 2018
Team Brazilian housewives coding (Public Lab)  — at September 22, 2018 04:23 UTC
Today we met with our mentor Jeff to discuss the last details of the new search! It's super exciting to see it working! We have found some small things to fix and we are documenting them to share them all next week.
Team Sectumsempra (Chapel Parallel Programming Language)  — at September 22, 2018 03:40 UTC
We fixed our errors, and even fixed the logical issue with our code. So now we have a working distributed sort. Now we need to incorporate the Radix sort and also do performance testing.
Team Sectumsempra (Chapel Parallel Programming Language)  — at September 22, 2018 03:34 UTC
We ran into a few errors with GASNET, and tried to figure out with the help of coaches what might be causing this. Got a bit delayed because of that.