ActivitiesAtom Feed

Displaying activities 26 - 50 of 2742 in total

July 22, 2017

  • Day 15

    Team Victorious Secret (The Processing Foundation) — at July 22, 2017 03:10 UTC

    What we did today

    • We started off at 10:30 am today. Issue 383 showed some progress and we contacted our mentor, Cassie for assistance on a possible implementation. Along with our coach, Sachin Jani, we have narrowed down three ways to implement the design and we hope to complete this issue very soon.
    • We also looked at issue 391 and read about relative and absolute size of components in CSS.

    What next?

    • Contact the help desk for issues we are stuck on.
    • PR for issue 391.

    Team Victorious Secret signs off for today!
    Stay tuned for further updates.

July 21, 2017

  • Day 15 - Brazil <3 Portugal

    Team RailsGyn (RGSoC: The Teams App) — at July 21, 2017 23:25 UTC

    Today we talked with our supervisor InΓͺs Coelho, we talked a little about Game of Thrones and the empowerment of women in the series. We also talked with another collaborator, Maria, regarding the issues of the new functionality that we are working with full focus. We have also implemented some features that are independent of the previous issues from which we are awaiting the merge of our PR.

  • Day #17 - Meetings and Issues

    Team 276linesofCode (Tessel) — at July 21, 2017 19:15 UTC

    Hey!

    So, today was again remote working for both of us. We short - listed three issues to tackle today and over the weekend. Both of us then took one issue each. One of us even sent a PR for the same to get the issue reviewed.

    We even got in contact with one of our coaches, Diksha. We planned out how we would be implementing one-wire protocol with her. He would starting with the implementation of the library tomorrow.

    Till Then, Adios.

  • Day 15

    Team Code Bears (diaspora*) — at July 21, 2017 19:04 UTC

    Today we worked on further comments on our PR, got git messed up again and managed to solve that finally. The build returned green!!! we hope to see a merge in the beginning of next week :)
    Because the we couldn't figure out the git flow yet, we dedicated our coaching session to git basic. We spent 2 very useful hours on this topic and gonna pick it up from the same point next week. As diaspora flow refers only to one person working on a specific branch, we need to figure out how the flow would be with 2 people working on the same branch.
    Other then that, one of our laptop died and didn't seem to wanna become alive again. Task for the weekend: fixing the laptop with hopefully no data loss...

  • Day fifteen

    Team Code_Hoppers (OpenFarm) — at July 21, 2017 18:08 UTC

    A good day again, and good learnings!

    Progress today:
    -Search criteria data query implementation -> not yet complete, we learnt that elastic search is key in implementing this functionality.
    -Reach out to Simon for a feedback session on progress - done
    -Work on UI improvements on the empty state - still in progress
    -Improve on angular 1.x by doing more exercises - done

    To do tomorrow:
    - Look at elastic search documentation and learn What's its about
    -Go through more javascript
    -Push 874 ui changes

  • Day 16- Work and Learn and then... Repeat!

    Team Fusion (OpenDF) — at July 21, 2017 16:47 UTC

    Can't believe it's the end of the 3rd Week! And we must say, we've achieved so much! We have learned a lot and have achieved our target of building the first module of the broswer as a starter. πŸ˜‡

    Things we did today:

    • Created the connection between the query bar and the search field panel. Now we can append search fields to the query and remove search fields from the query as well! βœ…πŸŽ‰
    • Had to send another PR for the blog post to get some requested changes merged. And it is Merged! βœ…
    • Had a coffee making and a drinking session to boost up the work. βœ… β˜•πŸ˜Œ
    • Learned about components and containers with Redux.. Containers are smart! βœ…

    Things to do next week:

    • To have our first full team call with the whole team. Excited! 😊
    • Learn more and more.
    • Send our first PR to OpenDF.
    • Start working on the tree view of the file browser.

  • Day 16

    Team NK42 (Foodsaving and Foodsharing) — at July 21, 2017 16:07 UTC

    Ines finished the second chapter of the Django REST framework tutorial learning about Request and Response objects as well as different possibilities to construct API views. After discussing the code of the tutorial with our coach Daniel she started with the third chapter. Furthermore she committed the short text about Foodsaving hackathon to the Foodsharing blog repository and took care about some organising issues.

    Marie discussed the Views in 2nd chapter with her brother and he explained her what are all request.data doing while using response function. They also played with HTTP status codes and her brother explained why the usage of HTTP status code 500 is not good for user. They went through the request method POST that was not clear at all and how it can change data in database. Later on, Marie had a call with Ines and we explained each other how we understand the 2nd chapter and updated each other with progress. Marie's brother also suggested to use PEP8, Flake8 and fix some bugs in Foodsaving code. We try to agree on meeting session with Stefan who understands the Flake8, PEP8 very well. Marie finished the 3rd chapter about class-based views and started with 4th chapter of Django REST Tutorial. At the end of day, she committed a Foodsaving hackaton photo in the Foodsharing blog repo and created a Doodle schedule for upcoming recap meeting together with Ines.

  • Day 15 of RGSoC

    Team Alexa (JoopeA Club) — at July 21, 2017 15:55 UTC

    Ta-dam! The third week is coming to the end.

    Today we

    • had our bi-weekly call with mentor and supervisor
    • solved the questions accumulated during the week
    • learned new details about the project.
    • started writing our first blog post :)
    • learned more about different access levels in admin panel

    Summer in Moscow presents more surprises Ρ…) (Thanks for the photo @ryzhusha)
    alt text

  • Week 3 (Jul 17 - Jul 21) Status Update #5

    Team 200 OK (coala) — at July 21, 2017 04:35 UTC

    Yesterday was a day of exhaustive brainstorming with each other and our coaches and working on the multiple reviews the community gave on our pull requests, this and this.

    Today, we hope to figure out the missing tests for both the HAMLLintBear and RubyFlogBear, write them and do the rest of the updates on our PRs.

  • More Skillss !!!

    Team Gemini (Susi AI Server) — at July 21, 2017 04:20 UTC

    Yesterday what we did:

    • Added questions in entertainment (in Movies and jokes)
    • Submitted a PR (Has already been reviewed :D yayy )

    To-Do

    • Add more relevant questions to 3-4 more files in entertainment
    • Submit another PR !!! ( PRs' are addicting xD )
    • Talk to our coaches and give them updates

    Hasta Leugo :D

  • Day 14

    Team BansheeBandits (PublicLab.org) — at July 21, 2017 02:04 UTC

    What We Did

    • finished JSON tutorial
    • started Ajax tutorial -- learning how to pull data from a web server

    Next Up

    • finish Ajax tutorial
    • discuss new solutions with Katie and PL team

July 20, 2017

  • Day 14

    Team RailsGyn (RGSoC: The Teams App) — at July 20, 2017 22:58 UTC

    Today we continue with the PR fixes (some new things appeared to implement).
    Besides that, we started the next one :D
    Really excited to get these new feature done!!
    We are finishing the blog post and probably we will publish today!

  • day 14

    Team Clojurians (re-frame) — at July 20, 2017 22:48 UTC

    • first day of EuroClojure Berlin
    • talks about
      • data science in Clojure
      • experience story about moving from Go to Clojure
      • collaborative web apps with ClojureScript
      • Clojure dependencies
      • artificial intelligence talks
    • taking notes to prepare blog post

  • Day 14

    Team Serv0101 (Servo) — at July 20, 2017 18:27 UTC

    Things we learned:
    * try: try execute the closure, passing it to the parser.
    fn try(&mut self, thing: F) -> Result
    where F: FnOnce(&mut Parser<'i, 't>) -> Result

    • ParserContext: The data that the parser needs from outside in order to parse a stylesheet.

    • Made progress on parse size algorithm.

  • Day #16 - Hardware!!

    Team 276linesofCode (Tessel) — at July 20, 2017 18:25 UTC

    Hey!

    Today was remote working for both us. We scrolled through a list of issues that our mentor suggested we could work on. After that, we got our Tessel modules out and experimented with them.

    One of us tried out the Servo Module. While working on that, an error occurred because of some issues with the Update Version of the Command Line Interface for Tessel. After a lot of tweaking around, uninstalling and reinstalling the software and changes in the .npmrc file, we were helped by a community member. This issue was basically being faced by everyone here. We love how being part of an Open Source community meant we could get help from anybody! The issue was resolved by degrading it to a lower version. You can have a look at our Servo module at work here.

    Along with this, we even played around with LED s. We tried making them dance, making various patterns with them, hence, understanding functionalities of digital and analog input and output. It was so much fun! 😍

    Tomorrow, We would be picking up an issue and start working on the same.

    Till then, Adios.

  • Day 15- A Happening Day!

    Team Fusion (OpenDF) — at July 20, 2017 17:50 UTC

    We started our work at 8.00 am and we had so many plans for the day, including the implementation of the search query bar. Eventhough we thought of achieving all the tasks for today, we had to postpone some of the tasks, due to a very important Conference.

    Things we did today:

    • Started the day by checking if our PR for the blog post has been merged. And it was!! βœ…
    • Met our Scrum Master and discussed about the current status of the project. βœ…
    • And one of us were having few issues with the implementation of the search panel. And we could solve that! βœ…
    • Learned about SCSS. βœ…
    • Had a quick chat with the mentor on the git branches that we can commit changes to. βœ…
    • And of course, one of us, presented her work at BAT Conference (Business Law and Technology Conference) , held at APIIT Sri Lanka. βœ… There were lots of interesting researches. By the end of the conference, there were very special moments from the conference, to celebrate! πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ πŸ’ƒ
    • And last but not least, our first blog post is published now!!! (https://railsgirlssummerofcode.org/blog/2017-07-20-meet-team-fusion) βœ… πŸŽ‰

    Things to do tomorrow:

    • To have a call with our remote coach Tharindu and coach Anuradh.
    • To create the connection between query bar and the searchable field list.
    • Read more on Redux.

  • Day 15

    Team NK42 (Foodsaving and Foodsharing) — at July 20, 2017 16:46 UTC

    Marie and Ines summarised what they have learnt about the Foodsaving architecture and the technical environment in 1,5 page text. We already asked one of our coaches for feedback and will share it with all next days.

    Together with Daniel, Ines analysed the existing tests in Foodsaving project and got a first idea how to test the code we plan to write for the issue "Feedback for finished pickups #253" (test can ask: is there something at the url the feedback should be).

    Afterwards Ines did the recap of the first chapter of the tutorial about Serialization. http://www.django-rest-framework.org/tutorial/1-serialization/
    Marie did the recap of the 1st chapter as well and dealt with these topics: decorators, is_valid(), serialization and deserialization in Django shell and Views.
    Marie finished the 2nd chapter of Django REST tutorial and can display page in both formats - browsable API and JSON. http://www.django-rest-framework.org/tutorial/2-requests-and-responses/

  • Day 14 - Finally some progress in React

    Team ImpactDevs (WorldBrain - Verifying the Internet with Science) — at July 20, 2017 16:35 UTC

    Today we spent figuring out the quirks for React while using Pouch and Webpack. Webpack is actually quite tricky to figure out how to install correctly to compile all the output files. But we had a meeting with a coach this morning that helped us to figure it out :) So I was finally able to render a table today- YAYYYYYY! Jess is still having fun with Pouch and spent today trying to return a pouch doc from a promise.

  • Day 14 of RGSoC

    Team Alexa (JoopeA Club) — at July 20, 2017 15:59 UTC

    Hey all!

    Today we:

    • finalized our master plan for the project
    • added 'language' option to user registration form
    • added 'language' attribute to all the required entities

    Tomorrow we'll:

    • have our bi-weekly call with mentor and supervisor
    • start writing our big blog post

  • Week 3 - Day 14

    Team berlin diamonds (Discourse) — at July 20, 2017 15:10 UTC

    We had a little missunderstanding in the morning about some pushes to github, but found a solution before noon.
    Our mentor gave us new tasks. We
    - refactored the code of our plugin to wrap certain functionalities into methods
    - built the plugin's functionality to be more reusable for other plugins
    - committed the changes to a new branch called sync-method
    - said goodbye to one of our coaches, who is leaving the coaching company

  • Day 14

    Team Code Bears (diaspora*) — at July 20, 2017 14:53 UTC

    Today started with a very productive retrospective. We are really happy about the outcome and we feel like we are on the right track :) Thanks to all our coaches for all the support in the past weeks!
    Then we had a coaching session about Continuous Integration. We learned about the concept in general and ran the checks (pronto) that we actually should have run before our first PR :)
    After that we went back to the comments we got on our PR, ran pronto again and fixed the small things that it was warning us about.
    We made the decision on having the pod_name instead of "Diaspora*" in the header as it was suggested in our PR.
    Then we ran all the tests and checks (rspec, jasmine, cucumber, pronto) and got all of them green except for cucumber. As the failures were not on parts of the code that we touched in our work, we decided to commit and push. We will ask on the PR about the failing cucumber test.
    In this process we also learned a lot about discussing with the community and running tests and checks before opening a PR.
    Now we're waiting for more feedback from the project.

  • Day 14

    Team Victorious Secret (The Processing Foundation) — at July 20, 2017 14:43 UTC

    What we did today

    • We started off at 11 am today after returning from college. We first worked on Issue 385 as specified in the comments of our PR. We completed the desired work.
    • Then we again tried our hand on Issue 383. This time we found a better source on how to add a dialog box with cancel event handler. We read about Dialog content, dialog title, openDialog etc. But after adding the code, the app didn't display anything. We checked the console and found some issues and then tried debugging them.

    Agenda for tomorrow

    • Meet our coaches. Ask for their assistance for Issue 383.
    • Start working on other Issues.

    Team Victorious Secret signs off for today!
    Stay tuned for further updates.

  • Day #14

    Team Codeaholics (Nextcloud) — at July 20, 2017 14:30 UTC

    What we have done:

    • Started working at 9am
    • We had a coffee at Mulliri Vjeter in order to wake up and start the day with AngularJS
    • Working on the issues #244 and #255, we did some tests with two different versions of Nextcloud and we found that those issues were already fixed on the current version that we are working on
    • Still working on the issue #253
    • Created a github organization for our team